natural gas detector?

Anyone used the inficon 706-600-G1? According to spec it seems more sensitive than average. Unfortunately I could not find any user review.

I was in my crawl space and I thought I smelled some natural gas odor near a gas pipe. But then, there were multiple odors down there so I could be wrong.

Reply to
james

Call utility company; they'll do leak detection reliably per request--if it's your line you'll be responsible for the repair if they do find leak, of course, but any place I've been the detection is pro bono.

--

Reply to
dpb

I had the odor in the room with the water heater. Called gas company who eventually found it was due to a corroded pipe outside that went to my outdoor grill. Final proof was fun. He put a lighter to the ground and it flamed up.

Lou

Reply to
LouB

the couple times I've beeped, I've used TPI brand, which works very well. Natural gas is lighter than air, beep over the pipe. Propane is heavier, beep under the pipe. Focuss your attention on fittings, and connections which are most likely to leak.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Reply to
Worn Out Retread