Natual gas vs propane, which is hotter

Page 2 of 2

The OPD is a float that blocks the outlet. Thee is also a valve like the one on a tire valve that must be pushed in. If the OPD gets forced tot he top of the tank it will shut it off or severely cut down the amount of gas escaping. If you wee able to knock it on its side it would be even better as it is designed to stop leaks from a tank in your trunk that gets knocked over.

Sounds good. Is this the new design that everyone had to switch to over the last 6 or 7 years?

Yes, many state now require it. You can tell because it has a triangular shaped know on top
wrote in message

Q: What is an overfilling prevention device? A: As defined by the National Fire Protection Association's Pamphlet 58 - LP-Gas Code, 1998 Edition (Code), it is..."A safety device that is designed to provide an automatic means to prevent the filling of a container in excess of the maximum permitted filling limit."
http://www.grillman.com/propane_tankregs.htm#q4
wrote in message

triangular
designed
Sorry, should be: http://www.grillman.com/propane_tankregs.htm#q1
that float valve only blocks it if it's overfilled. would do nothing on its side or upside down, because it would float the wrong way.
--
Steve Barker

"Edwin Pawlowski" < snipped-for-privacy@snet.net> wrote in message

Even standing in the proper position, they often block the flow if the gas is turned on to a high flow fast. Want to test out the theory?
no. i just use them and don't break the flex lines.
--
Steve Barker

"Edwin Pawlowski" < snipped-for-privacy@snet.net> wrote in message
I'd just reach over and turn the fukin valve off. didn't the OP say the fire was blazing out the end of a broken tube? And not right at the tank?
--
Steve Barker

"mm" < snipped-for-privacy@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 00:07:00 -0600, "Steve Barker"

Later he said that the firemen wouldn't do it either. So I guess it didn't look like a good idea.

If the "blow torch" installation is anything like mine...that flexible tube is only about 2 or 3 ft long.
I don't think I'd be getting within 2 or 3 ft of a blazing propane tube........
cheers Bob

I use a turkey fryer to boil corn in the summer and I've had it go into blow-torch mode at the air mixture thingy. After the first time that happened I make sure that that orifice is pointed away from the tank.
Cam

safety
GG
the
tank
The 20 lb. tank that caught fire also had a shut-off but with it spewing an 8 ft flame neither myself or the firemen were able to approach it to turn it off.

The difference in pressure has been brought up. Because of the lower pressure, NG requires a larger supply line. And the longer the run, the larger it needs.
--Andy Asberry-- ------Texas-----