NATO Cans: Diff?

Besides color (red vs green) and inclusion of a spout (included vs not), can anybody see a diff between these two jerry cans?
http://tinyurl.com/ojmnvjx http://tinyurl.com/mvq98gq '
I have one of each and, for the life of me, cannot see any other difference. Prime candidate was the special inner coating to protect against rust, but it looks the same to me on both.
--
Pete Cresswell

I'll tell you a big difference, About the green one in big letters it says This does not fit your: 1995 Chrysler LeBaron
The red one doesn't say that.
Do you thnk I should tell it I have a 2000 Toyota now, Maybe they will fit that.

$53 worth of red paint
Per snipped-for-privacy@aol.com:

That's my own reaction....
There are even numbers pressed into the meta (MilSpec numbers?) and the numbers are the same.
--
Pete Cresswell

(PeteCresswell) wrote:

are not to far apart.