National do not call list

Page 2 of 2
On 2/12/2016 11:21 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

There is a paradox, some folks with little material goods are far more generous than the wealthy. Just as you describe. Perhaps humble people are closer to God?
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 2/11/2016 10:52 AM, bob haller wrote:

Many people share your belief. And being good to others is a noble way to live. My belief is that God has given us commandment and ordinances which are essential. So, doing good is a start. But, there is much more to be done. Baptism, confirmation, endowment, sealing.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On Thursday, February 11, 2016 at 9:22:36 AM UTC-5, John wrote:

truly sad, and since this was so wide spread the church must have known about it
bob haller wrote:

That's as bad as the Morons , they send out a bill to member families telling you how much they expect you to pay each year - and it's more if they have a building project going on . I still don't know where that money goes , as all "leadership" is unpaid AFAIK .
--
Snag

On 2/11/2016 9:26 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:

Which group is that, Terry? I've been Mormon (note spelling of church nickname) for twenty five years, and never had a bill sent to me.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Not too smart of you to talk to them assholes.... I'd told them "I am not interested, Do not call me again, You will be reported for violating the DNC", then hang up!
Report them anyhow! If somehow they are excluded, at least you tried.
I dont put up with that bullshit. Unless I asked someone to call me, I dont have time to waste on them.
I know political calls are allowed by the DNC. I have been getting a lot of that crap lately, and while I cant threaten them with a DNC violation, I do quickly tell them "I'm not interested, Do not call me again", and I hang up. DONE....
My experience with the Federal "Do Not Call" program: Since registering my landline and mobile on it six years ago, the number of calls to both went up like the human population curve since the late 1800s! Names of states for caller IDs, "Unknown", "Private Caller", etc, etc, etc. Day and night my cell and the land line would ring. Sometimes the same caller 3-4x per day. I have since had my mobile # changed, and now get a fraction of such calls to it. We also plan to change our landline #, and this time, will register NEITHER with the Do Not Call list!
Question: Who runs the Do Not Call Registry? Answer: The Federal TRADE Commission(FTC)
And what does the FTC regulate and facilitate?
TRADE!! And COMMERCE!
And what do you think they do with your phone numbers once you register them with the DNC list? Give or sell them to businesses!! smdh...
So folks, do yourselves a huuuuge favor - STAY OFF the Do Not Call list! Period.
Per Uncle Monster:

About 40 years ago when I subscribed to Time magazine, I gave my name as "Peter Garbage".
I think the junk mail for Peter Garbage persisted for at least 15-20 years after the subscription expired.
I was just living for the day when some telephone solicitor asked to speak to Peter Garbage - so I could get all indignant and yell "It's *NOT* Garbage, it's Garbaaaahhhage!!!"
I waited and waited but, sadly,the call never came....
--
Pete Cresswell

On 2/10/2016 9:45 PM, bob haller wrote:

The do not call list is a joke but charities, non-profits and people you do business with are allowed to call you.
Really not a lot of sense talking to them unless you get some enjoyment out of it. Bulk of these calls are flat out scams and coming from outside the US. Government and phone companies who have got to know where these calls are coming from and could stop them are doing absolutely nothing.
On 2/10/2016 9:45 PM, bob haller wrote:

If nothing else, telling a customer he sounds devil possessed is rather bad manners.
I did get called devil possessed, one time. The guy was writing from state prison. He'd gotten addicted to heroin (after his battle with alcoholism) and had burgled a doctors office for the meds. I wrote that the Spirit was cautioning me about him. He wrote back that I sounded demon possessed. Well, consider the source / author of those comments.
I'd go ahead and make the DNC report anyway. Just on the small chance it will do some good.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 2/10/2016 9:45 PM, bob haller wrote:

Indoctrination to use the Church envelope started in the 1st grade. My mother gave is a dime or quarter to put in. Once I was out of school I refused to use an envelope. Aside from public humiliation as a means to get you to contribute, they told you there was no other way to prove a tax deduction for you.
On 2/10/2016 8:45 PM, bob haller wrote:

Simplest thing to do, if you feel a need to converse with them, is to tell them busy and ask for a number where you can call them back :)
On Thursday, February 11, 2016 at 10:29:40 AM UTC-5, SeaNymph wrote:

if they hadnt locked out their caller id, i wouldnt of answered the call.
i tried calling them this am but no one answered
Per bob haller:

I would advise not to waste your time.
I have a small pile of lame-sounding letters from the Pennsylvania DA's office responding to my complaints to the effect that telephone solicitors are now effectively beyond the law to the extend that they are located offshore and/or use hard-to-trace VOIP to make their calls.
--
Pete Cresswell

bob haller wrote:

I use the free call interception service at www.nomorobo.com. When your phone rings, it also rings at Nomorobo. Nomorobo searches its database and if the calling number is on their block list, their computer answers the call and provides an appropriate message to the incoming call. Otherwise it lets the call continue to ring your phone.
It does ring once on your telephone but after that, peace. Your telephone service has to support Simultaneous Ring Service (e.g. Verizon FiOS) which allows the incoming call to ring at both your home and Nomorobo at the same time. It only works with Residence lines, not Business lines.

This will solve your problem. http://www.thisisarecording.com/z/920-264-9036.mp3
Per snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo:

I am assuming that page is offering up various downloadable SIT codes.
If that is the case, I would offer up that I've had the "Not In Service" SIT code in the beginning of my answering machine's message for several years - and I am still getting a ratio of about 5 robocalls/solicitors to every legit call.
--
Pete Cresswell