National Ammo Day

Posit: there's nothing new under the sun.
From that, the question arises:
"How long has it been since the last total meltdown of society?"
From that:
"How likely is a total meltdown of society in my lifetime?"
(especially since society is a lot more civilized than it used to be)
Or, possibly:
"Would I want to survive a total meltdown of society?"
I'm just not worried about it.
Cindy Hamilton ===============
I understand, but sometimes*, that's the reason people think they need to have thousands of rounds of ammo.
* which means "not always"
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Have you paid attention to what has happened in Zimbabwe in just the last few years? It's very educational to see just how quickly it can happen.

Or anywhere in Africa, which is a very strange place.
Almost New Orleans, too.

Oh,like the LA riots several years ago? Or the criminal ATF/FBI attack on the Branch Davidians.

keep an eye on Venezuela.Chavez will do the same to his nation.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
dgk wrote:

Hmm. With only 17 shots, plus five in the BUG*, I couldn't have made much of a difference. Had the girls been nice and orderly, and standing in a LINE, the bullets would, admittedly, go farther, but, still....
If, however, they could all keep their panties dry while I made a quick trip to the truck...
-------- * BUG - Back Up Gun.

I letter in the paper today asked why those kids hadn't been in school where they were supposed to be. A reasonable question I guess.
Observing National Ammo day?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Mine too.
Stormin Mormon wrote:

My understanding is that the shelves are already empty, and ammo is as high as it has ever been in price. This helps how?
x-no-archive: yes
Stormin Mormon wrote:

I bought 1540 rounds of 7.62x25 just a couple of weeks ago; I'm kind of tapped out for a while. (I do have 100 rounds of .380 still on backorder from about 5 or 6 months ago...)
How about if I buy a handgun or two instead? Does that count? :-)
Bob
Works for me.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

I jumped the gun and bought mine today. I found 200 rnds of 45 at Walmart today. :)
--
Jim Rusling
More or Less Retired