National Ammo Day

I suspect it isn't his address, it is his teeny, tiny, little p. . . er, pistol that is the determining factor.

Actually, in my part of the world, "displaying" a pistol is a good way to get killed. Gang bangers will back off [maybe] but the minute you turn your back, they will

What's up with that? My local Lowes shares a parking lot with a grocery store. You would think they would draw the same clientele. I rarely see any overdressed ladies in the grocery store. But I see plenty in the Lowes.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

Jesus Christ! Where do you live? The only scary things I see in the Home Depot parking lot are women who get all dolled up with makeup and jewelry to go to the hardware store.

Cindy Hamilton

================

Everyone knows that the quality of the neighborhood means nothing when it comes to random crimes.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

It could be that I was escorting an 18-year old, naked, blonde, female carrying a bag of gold that attracted their attention.

As for the women in your neighborhood getting all "dolled up," remember the maxim: "You tend to marry the people you're arround. Therefore, your job is to figure out where the right kind of people are - and go there." Perhaps these tarts really believe "It's so nice to have a man around the house..."

Reply to
HeyBub

So....you have never done errands on lunch hour or the way home from work? Jeesh! Gotta go home after work, fix dinner, change clothes, run the kids to sports practice and get to Lowes before closing time? :o)

Reply to
norminn

imited.usenetmonster.com:

Reply to
DD_BobK

Hmm. With only 17 shots, plus five in the BUG*, I couldn't have made much of a difference. Had the girls been nice and orderly, and standing in a LINE, the bullets would, admittedly, go farther, but, still....

If, however, they could all keep their panties dry while I made a quick trip to the truck...

--------

  • BUG - Back Up Gun.
Reply to
HeyBub

Well, I never wear makeup, but I have gone to Lowe's in a business suit on a weekday during the day, and very occasionally in the evening, although usually after work I go home, fix dinner, and stay in the rest of the evening. No kids.

However, on Saturdays, I'm usually sweaty and wearing some dirty, stained t-shirt and pants. And bitching about all of the "tourists" with their kids when I'm just there to buy some widget as efficiently as I can. That's when I can't fathom the broads in their fancy outfits. Don't they work right alongside their husbands? I do. If I didn't, I'd feel like I wasn't pulling my weight.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

clipped

Welllll.....I work alongside my husband when absolutely necessary to keep him from mucking up something that should look decent or might cause the neighbors to complain. He can do a lot of stuff, and his talent runs more to demolition or moving objects of more than two tons in weight :o) I NEVER go higher on a ladder than the second step, except when the sign on second story of our condo needed to be painted. No way was I going to let him slop green paint on the newly painted white wall surrounding the sign. Did most of it with my eyes closed, esp. the climbing part :o) I don' t even go out on the neighbor's balcony because it exceeds my height tolerance...the finger dock at low tide is also a challenge :o)

My mom was a DIYer and had her own workshop when she passed away at age

  1. My dad didn't have the patience to change a light bulb. Mom built her own kitchen cabinets, among other things....and she would never, ever, have gone shopping without makeup and normal lunch-with-the-girls outfit. :o)

Hubby did a lot of work around the condo. One day he was working on replacing a hose bib, which required all of the water to the entire building to be shut off. I knew of one resident, in particular, who would be mad as hell if the shut-off interrupted her obsessive/compulsive schedule. I waited while he fiddled for four hours trying to solder the new faucet. Finally went out and turned on the faucet at the dock, which I knew was lower than the faucet he worked on. Voila! No more water in his pipe, solder worked, all done :o) He knows how to bug the hell out of people and appear entirely innocent.

Reply to
norminn

Well, I never wear makeup, but I have gone to Lowe's in a business suit on a weekday during the day, and very occasionally in the evening, although usually after work I go home, fix dinner, and stay in the rest of the evening. No kids.

However, on Saturdays, I'm usually sweaty and wearing some dirty, stained t-shirt and pants. And bitching about all of the "tourists" with their kids when I'm just there to buy some widget as efficiently as I can. That's when I can't fathom the broads in their fancy outfits. Don't they work right alongside their husbands? I do. If I didn't, I'd feel like I wasn't pulling my weight.

Cindy Hamilton

============

Do you live in Long Island (NY)? That's where I've seen what you're talking about.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I letter in the paper today asked why those kids hadn't been in school where they were supposed to be. A reasonable question I guess.

Reply to
dgk

clipped

Long Island? Those dressed in fancy outfits were the hired help :o)

Reply to
norminn

Observing National Ammo day?

Reply to