Nat gas pressure drop vs. pipe length

Aren't those staples painful? Especially when one pulls out?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

This is Summer Glau as a Terminator who repaired her bomb-damaged cheek with a staple gun:

Jim Wilkins

Bump ====================================================

Amazing if this thing actually works. I basically understand the net result: the gen rotational speed must be kept absolutely in sync, but wow, how this is actually accomplished is beyond me.

But, I guess it's also done "on the Grid", right? When you sell power back to the utility, your power can't be out of phase with utility power, or you'd have a dead short. Solar stuff, which uses a solid state inverter, proly does this relatively automatically. AND, various substations in the grid have to be in sync.... but they don't use inverters, afaik

BeatsTF out of me.... a good Q for a sep. thread.

Reply to
Existential Angst

Yes, that sounds like you had some local resources. Not homeless, but some of the same concept.

I've wondered how urban homeless make do. I'm sure I don't want to try it.

.

Sponge bath at work, and an electric razor. Thank God that 24 hour grocery and department stores were becoming common in the mid '80s

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Some folks on public aid, the taxpayer pays the electric bill. The heater comes out of thier cash grant, which they are trying to save, cause cable TV, beer and cigs are so expensive.

.

The local Freecycle has people begging for space heaters, claiming they can't afford to buy them. If they can't afford $20 for a heater, how can they pay to run the damned things? One woman was complaining that her kids couldn't stand the 65 degrees in their room. Buy a blanket, and get on with life.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

What movie was that from? I dont recognize her.

Gunner

  1. Lie
Gunner

Trade in African and beaner kids, and buy some Norwegian kids?

.

She should get new kids with better tolerance to low temperatures. Millions of people in cold climates never get their heat up that high and never have a problem. 65 is quite tolerable and common in Europe where energy is very expensive. Put a hat on.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I've known of welfare types and foster kids to max up the heat, and regulate the room temp by opening windows. Seriously.

I know of one foster mom, her 15 y.o. foster girl did that, with electric baseboard heat. The foster mom didn't know till the $800 electric bill arrived. This about 15 or 20 years ago.

.

They have what is called HEAP, which will help pay a part of the bill but they are really ignorant about taking care of themselves.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

The bath isn't too bad, but the 50 pound bags of rice hurt.

Christ>

Aren't those staples painful? Especially when one pulls out?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I've heard of skin stapling -- vetrinary folks do that, now and again. I'd expect that to be painful, in any case. Super glue is supposed to do a nice job.

.

This is Summer Glau as a Terminator who repaired her bomb-damaged cheek with a staple gun:

Stormin Mormon

Then stop pounding the old bag at 49. ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

That's where my thermostat is set[*]. It's comfortable except when we're sitting watching television. We have comforters on the sofa and a couple of cats.

[*] It gets turned down from there at night.
Reply to
krw

I say PISS ON IT !

Reply to
homeowner

I'll drink to that.

Christopher A. Yo Learn more about J

.

I say PISS ON IT !

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

"Michael A. Terrell" on Sat, 12 Jan 2013

14:09:20 -0500 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

That's "in my life" not "in my butt".

Oh shoot, today's the sixteenth. I forgot to do laundry for the month. Well, next month.

tschus pyotr

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

Anyone likely to raise a stink?

.

Oh shoot, today's the sixteenth. I forgot to do laundry for the month. Well, next month.

tschus pyotr

Stormin Mormon

By next month, they'll be able to walk to the washing machine on their own. ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

"Michael A. Terrell" on Wed, 16 Jan 2013

15:58:39 -0500 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

They may be able to walk that far, but I doubt ... well "you can lead dirty britches to hot water, but you cannot make them shrink."

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

Don't you mean 'Make them sink'? ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

"Michael A. Terrell" on Fri, 18 Jan 2013

23:26:47 -0500 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Yeah, that too. I mean by that time - It's enough trouble trying to march them back there, wrestling them into the washer is a whole 'nother matter. Remember "Zoot the Suit" from My Favorite Martian? Same sort of thing. Usually I just spray them with Floral Scent Fabreeze, and they dive right in on their own.

Reply to
pyotr filipivich