Nat gas pressure drop vs. pipe length

Page 5 of 8
On Sat, 12 Jan 2013 08:43:01 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"

I say PISS ON IT !
I'll drink to that.
Christopher A. Yo Learn more about J www.lds.org .

I say PISS ON IT !
Sounds like you just can't win, some times. Elevated legs for edema, but resulting in kidney action.
Ah, well. I sleep horizontal, but that doesn't seem to give me a full night sleep without the kidney action. Maybe just as well, gives me a chance to look for burglars and roof leaks dripping in.
I wonder if infants have it better than we do, sleep all night and someone changes the diaper in the morning. I'd not want to go back to infancy, I enjoy my time on the computer, and being able to drive the car. And that oochy koochy goochy woo routine really got tired in a hurry.
Stormin Mormon wrote:

It relieves the swelling that occurs when I'm not in bed. It also causes my kidneys to work harder to remove the excess fluid, and several trips to the bathroom to keep my bladder from escaping during the night. :(
Stormin Mormon wrote:

It was about 20 degrees in the house till I got the new gas service I installed inspected and my service turned back on.

Only if you mean in the open, under the bed and not close to carpet od the box springs.

It was about 20 degrees in the house till I got the new gas service I installed inspected and my service turned back on. CY: I'd call that cold. I've been in houses that were in the 40s indoors, but that's colder than that. Guess I was in one which had the pipes freeze.
mes wonder if I should preheat

Only if you mean in the open, under the bed and not close to carpet od the box springs. CY: No, I was thinking to lift the blankets about six inches,and stick my arm in with a hair dryer in hand. Four or five seconds, there abouts.

CY:I had a warm kitchen ceiling, but not much else was warm.
Stormin Mormon wrote:

I had no water at that time, because the old galvanized pipe sheared off at a coupling while digging up the gas line.

The heat would escape, uless there was so little space that you could burn the sheets from the hot air. I wouldn't do it. Toss an electric blanket on top and run it for 15 minutes before you crawl in. A lot safer, and makes the whole bed warm for you.
Stormin Mormon wrote: CY: Wow, what a case of thread drift! I guess we're still talking about pressure drops, and pipe lengths? How long is a ureter, anyhow?

CY: I guess Ohio gets cold, too? I know NYS gets down near zero, sometimes.

I had no water at that time, because the old galvanized pipe sheared off at a coupling while digging up the gas line. CY: Well, that's two utilities lost. That's even more rough.

The heat would escape, uless there was so little space that you could burn the sheets from the hot air. I wouldn't do it. Toss an electric blanket on top and run it for 15 minutes before you crawl in. A lot safer, and makes the whole bed warm for you. CY: Hair dryer, I've already got one. Electric blanket means go out and buy one. Bit of a difference, there. Due to the economy, and the last administration (2008-2012) the way they screwed up so badly, I'm not spending money if I can help it.
How'd you deal with the 20 degrees indoors? IIRC you said no water, so that makes it challenging to take a hot shower, flush the toilet, cook food, make coffee, and all the things men hold dear.
Stormin Mormon wrote:

I had no water at that time, because the old galvanized pipe sheared off at a coupling while digging up the gas line.
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Sponge bath at work, and an electric razor. Thank God that 24 hour grocery and department stores were becoming common in the mid '80s

Somehow humanity survived like that for millennia, and campers and soldiers still do today. When we were on winter field exercises we went in once a week for a shower and laundry. In cold weather that was enough as our skin stayed dry. Life becomes very simple when you can ignore food spoilage and the frills of civilization.
Jim Wilkins wrote:

The local Freecycle has people begging for space heaters, claiming they can't afford to buy them. If they can't afford $20 for a heater, how can they pay to run the damned things? One woman was complaining that her kids couldn't stand the 65 degrees in their room. Buy a blanket, and get on with life.

Perhaps their utility has Lifeline rules that they can't be shut off during winter.
My house hasn't been up to 65F in months. It didn't occur to me that driving with the window open in winter was unusual until I started giving someone a ride to work. jsw
Jim Wilkins wrote:

They have what is called HEAP, which will help pay a part of the bill but they are really ignorant about taking care of themselves.

I do that, as long as there isn't heavy rain, snow or fog.
I've known of welfare types and foster kids to max up the heat, and regulate the room temp by opening windows. Seriously.
I know of one foster mom, her 15 y.o. foster girl did that, with electric baseboard heat. The foster mom didn't know till the $800 electric bill arrived. This about 15 or 20 years ago.

They have what is called HEAP, which will help pay a part of the bill but they are really ignorant about taking care of themselves.
On Sat, 12 Jan 2013 11:57:25 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"

Booze or crack expenses really eat up those heater dollars.
Gunner
1. Lie 2. Repeat the lie as many times as possible 3. Have as many people repeat the lie as often as possible 4. Eventually, the uninformed believe the lie 5. The lie will then be made into some form oflaw 6. Then everyone must conform to the lie

    Booze, cigarettes, potatoes chips, soda pop, beer, TV dinners, cable TV, unlimited Cell phone plans,. Don't forget the three thousand dollars a month for contraception.
--
pyotr filipivich
On Sat, 12 Jan 2013 11:57:25 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"

She should get new kids with better tolerance to low temperatures. Millions of people in cold climates never get their heat up that high and never have a problem. 65 is quite tolerable and common in Europe where energy is very expensive. Put a hat on.
Trade in African and beaner kids, and buy some Norwegian kids?
She should get new kids with better tolerance to low temperatures. Millions of people in cold climates never get their heat up that high and never have a problem. 65 is quite tolerable and common in Europe where energy is very expensive. Put a hat on.

That's where my thermostat is set[*]. It's comfortable except when we're sitting watching television. We have comforters on the sofa and a couple of cats.
[*] It gets turned down from there at night.
Some folks on public aid, the taxpayer pays the electric bill. The heater comes out of thier cash grant, which they are trying to save, cause cable TV, beer and cigs are so expensive.