Nasty no trespassing signs

Page 5 of 5

what are these police departments that require frangible bullets and/or "light loads"? Often police WANT to shoot thru a door,car door,inside wall.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Would that be the good guy or bad guy department?
Steve
aemeijers wrote:

I used to be an LEO and never heard of such as you claim: 1. The chances of hitting an innocent person in an exchange of gunfire is closely adjacent to zero. Of the literally thousands of gunshots in urban environments every day, there's maybe one or two innocent people hit in a year.
2. No department is going to demand, suggest, or even allow frangible bullets or "light" loads - that would be evidence sufficient of insanity. In fact, most departments frown on anything but factory-loaded, ball ammunition. Even these are often insufficient to corral the freak. Consider cold-weather clothing, topped off by a heavy-duty leather jacket. An ordinary 9mm or .38 bullet will merely bother the squint with a nasty bruise. If the mope is hopped-up on crack, shooting him is liable to make him angry!
lf?

AT least on Yahoo you get the band the video game and the song. include kill or death and you get more but it is real hard to figure out who got hit by a stray bullet because somebody hosed the place down and those who got hit a bullet gone astray as in the discussion.
--
To find that place where the rats don\'t race
and the phones don\'t ring at all.

I forget that google stacks your results according to links you went to in the past- so I get lots of newspaper stories from all over the world.
This seemed to give me more signal than noise; bystander gunshot cities

I've picked a few nits in my day- but I'm not sure I see a significant difference of "stray bullets" and "bullets gone astray".
The statement that rattled my cage was Heybub saying; "1. The chances of hitting an innocent person in an exchange of gunfire is closely adjacent to zero. Of the literally thousands of gunshots in urban environments every day, there's maybe one or two innocent people hit in a year."
Sounds to me like he's counting all the thousands of bullets.
Jim

intruder. I missed the transition to more narrow focus.
--
To find that place where the rats don\'t race
and the phones don\'t ring at all.

Check, double check and so forth.
Sir, "he got passed my knife defense."
http://www.rmjforge.com/images/EagleTalonMainPage/TalonGallery/Copy%20of%20October2002A%20021.jpg

<SNIP to here>

There is a news item, slightly old, that Philadelphia police officers will soon (likely already did) get the option of purchasing larger caliber alternatives for their service weapons:
Glock 22 and 35, .40 caliber, magazine capacity 15 rounds.
Glock 21 and 21 "slim frame", standard rails only, .45 ACP, magazine capacity 13 rounds.
Philadelphia Police Department officers carrying these larger caliber weapons on duty have the requirement of carrying certification cards for such larger caliber weapons.
http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/dncrime/?month=&main=&year=&cat=&page $
http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/dncrime/More_gun_options_for_police.html
This item has a date of December 4 2008. It appears to me that the perps in Philadelphia have the tide turned against them a bit.

Yellow police tape. Signs about clearing a minefield. ;)

BIG red letters: "Be aware of Invisibility"
Or, "You are NOW in range" (target symbol in the center of the "O")
So, did you have a talk with this prowler and that is how word got out?
Oren wrote:

I like what these guys have come up with.
http://www.paintballsentry.com /
TDD

No. In other ways.

I see. A meeting-of-the-minds. Works every time.

After a break-in at a similarly remote property, I wanted to put up a sign that read "Friends and invited guests are welcome. All others are target practice".
I have a sign on the front door. DAY SLEEPER DOORBELL HAS BEEN DISABLED QUIETLY LEAVE PACKAGES ON BACK PORCH

Trespassers will be shot. Survivors will be shot again.
Looked like a commercially-made sign, not a homemade job. Must be available somewhere....

I bought mine at a home improvement expo a few years ago. I have it posted on my patio, but not out front. It's metal, with white background and red lettering. :-)
Cheri
Cheri wrote:

TRESPASSERS WELCOME! My gay boarder is lonely
SteveB wrote:

Here's an interesting source:
http://www.readytodefend.com/index.php?main_page=index
TDD