Nasty no trespassing signs

TRESPASSERS WELCOME! My gay boarder is lonely

Reply to
HeyBub

They do that around here quite a bit. There is generally a few weeks lag between the time the car is "retired" and the next auction. So, they scarecrow them out so they don't take up space in the PD parking lots.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

In my little town of 3500, the police department closes at 5pm and on weekends. Calls are taken by an answering machine.

Reply to
Frank Furter

The signs have been around way longer than the company, I'm sure. Sounds like a burglary invitation to me. Guns are theft bait for sure.

Reply to
Bob F

Glad you're not my neighbor.

Reply to
Bob F

Let us know how that works out for you.

Reply to
Bob F

Well, he SAYS he regrets his actions. Probably so advised by his lawyer.

I have no doubt he privately says: "Hell yes I shot him and I hope he rots in Hell!"

Reply to
HeyBub

What would you do?

You can't drag him out to the curb for "heavy trash pickup." That would probably fall under "abuse of a corpse" which is against the law.

Reply to
HeyBub

further down, there's the thread about how to abandon an old well....

Reply to
charlie

Actually, I wouldn't shoot anyone in conditions that would require making up a story.

Call the cops immediately.

Ahhh. You do understand.

Reply to
Bob F

My neighbors are glad I'm their neighbor.

Reply to
Oren

I see. A meeting-of-the-minds. Works every time.

Reply to
Oren

--- Newsgroup tasteless post spotted sometime back ---

I FOUND A NEGRO IN MY FAMILY TREE !!!

So I cut him down and put him out by the curb.

----- End of tasteless post. Honestly, I don't see how people get away with uncouth things like that ---

Anyway, if you're gonna be all "responsible citizen" on us, your first call should be to 911 for an AMBULANCE. The entire conversation should be: "Gunshot victim, (address)." When the paramedics get there, THEY will call the cops. That way you're not on the (recorded) hook for what you might say to the police dispatcher.

Your SECOND call should be to your lawyer. If you don't have a lawyer, you should complain to the paramedics about feeling faint, heart pounding, chest pains, and priapism. They'll take you to the hospital so you can delay talking to the cops until you have adequate advice.

Reply to
HeyBub

If that is how they do it in your area, I would probably quit as a medic. Everywhere else, you have a gunshot victim call they roll the cops (probably quite a few) immediately along with the ambulance. Depending on the area, there are some places where the ambulance protocols say the cops should secure the area before the medics are allowed in.

If you tell about priapism it has to be present for more than 4 hours (g). Or, you can tell the cops at the scene that you don't want to talk to them until your attorney arrives. And don't fall for all that bunk about how that makes you look guilty.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

Sorry Wrong but thank you for playing. In Texas as just one example any person intruding into the enclosed curtilage of a home during the hours of darkness is fair game. No warning required. Shooting them dead is justifiable homicide.

They don't have to be inside your home in most states. The attempt to enter is sufficient. You cant shoot them for knocking in the daytime but if they try the door nob you can put the full clip in the center of mass.

-- Tom Horne

Reply to
Tom Horne

In my area the first words out of the mouth of the 911 operator are "Fire, police, or ambulance?" and they route you to the proper dispatcher (we have over twenty police agencies in this county). When you say "gunshot victim..." to the ambulance dispatcher, the ambulance dispatcher sends the paramedics then picks up the 'phone and notifies the police.

Our paramedics are not afraid of the neighborhood - very many of them carry guns (or so I'm told).

Why give them a reason ("... until my attorney arrives")? Why even tell them you don't want to talk to them? If you're at the scene, they'll arrest you ("Felony Possession of Marijuana" - later dismissed) so they can get fingerprints, gun-shot residue, DNA, etc.

Reply to
HeyBub

Which is exactly what I said and a little different from your assertion that they will call the cops after they get there. You will still very much be on the recorded hook anyway since almost all of the EMS 911 centers are recorded.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

Nope. Deadly force is justified for "criminal mischief during the nighttime" but simple trespass is NOT criminal mischief. else we'd be stepping over the bodies of trick-or-treaters.

Further, "Curtilage" is a specific legal definition found in the common law meaning an enclosed, roofless, outer area, like a patio, but is nowhere mentioned in the Texas Penal Code or Code of Criminal Procedure. In Texas we have no distinction between curtilage, outdoors, or inside regarding deadly force.

If you offer the defense of : "But yer honor, he was in my curtilage!" The judge will say "What the f*ck is a 'curtilage'? Remanded."

Tell you what: You stick to the legal pomposity in Maryland and let me handle Texas.

Right. In some states they need only be in your curtilage or near your cowabunga.

Reply to
HeyBub

Agreed - I misspoke. The paramedic DISPATCHER will call the cops, not the first-aid team on the scene. It's just that the police dispatcher and the ambulance dispatcher have different training and focus:

The ambulance dispatcher will ring the alarm, then ask if the victim is breathing, is there anything icky, like blood, etc., most of which you can answer without incriminating yourself.

The police dispatcher will ask: How many times was he shot, who did the shooting, are there any witnesses, where is the gun, can you fashion some sort of lathe, blah-blah-blah.

Reply to
HeyBub

Heh heh.