NASA spinoff

Page 4 of 4  
On 5/4/2014 6:59 PM, Malcom "Mal" Reynolds wrote:

You should be you racist. ^_^
TDD
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

but that's what you like
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 5/4/2014 6:59 PM, Malcom "Mal" Reynolds wrote:

Yea, if it shakes the floor while they're dancing, it's a lot more entertaining. I always thought the Disney hippo ballerinas were awesome. ^_^
TDD
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

which leaves you completely out of the picture
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 5/7/2014 11:28 PM, Malcom "Mal" Reynolds wrote:

How did you know I was a Tralfadorian? I thought I had kept that a secret. o_O
TDD
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

all Tralfadorians are smegheads...you apologized to all smegheads
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Oren wrote:

We have already bought the remaining inventory of engines for Atlas 5 rockets. There is a $250M plan to shift manufacturing to the US (tooling up) so we don't have to rely on their engines. The reason we bought them in the first place was because they were cheaper to import than tool-up and built them in the US. Now that the events in Ukraine is reaching critical mass, we're preparing to stop buying rocket engines from them (that will hit them in the pocketbook, big time).
The dude that was sanctioned in Russia told a US diplomat the US can use a trampoline to get to the ISS. Bad move on his part. We have 9 operational engines in stock for the Atlas 5 rockets (those are for NASA to travel to the ISS). The US Air Force has a bigger space program than NASA, and does not use Russian engines. Plus, there are plenty of minuteman missiles for launching satellites.
Not only that, but SpaceX is accelerating their testing schedule which was going to start new trials in two months anyway.
The US is in no danger of losing access to the ISS, the moon, or more planned Mars missions. In fact, Russia is going to be the big loser (again) when it comes to space exploration. Hell, China is ahead of them now - and they just landed a probe on the moon, only 50 years after the US did.
Don't listen to the fear mongers. The US has plenty of resources ready to go for the foreseeable future until we replace the Russian bought engines and Space-X is ready for prime-time.
The US has money, the Russians don't. Heh.. what are they going to do when we decide not to share data from NORAD here: https://www.space-track.org
--

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety,
deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Yeah, our "subjects" are really suffering compared to the rest of the world. Even the poorest families have cell phones, cable TV, a better domicile than some of the "rich" in Russia and China.
If you're going to be "poor", the USA is the place to do it.
--

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety,
deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 5/12/2014 10:01 AM, G. Morgan wrote:

So true, we used to have free speech, freedom from search and siezure, freedom from self incrimination, freedom from opressive taxes, We have spying, lack of privacy, endless regulations, and the burden has shifted from government (to prove they have probable cause) to the citizen who has to prove the need for whatever, and then get a permit.
We're ripe for another revolution.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Monday, May 12, 2014 7:54:24 AM UTC-7, Stormin Mormon wrote:

You may get your wish. Two recent decisions by SCOTUS have pretty much interred whatever electoral democracy we may have had over the last 225 years.
1. Citizens United. If you don't realize what that decision has already meant in terms of election funding, you need to look under the bed. We now have the best electoral government that (unaccountable) money can buy.
2. Decision on Christian prayer before town meetings in public tax-supported facilities.
Excellent analysis at:
http://www.scotusblog.com/2014/05/tradition-todays-legislative-prayer-decision-in-plain-english/
There goes the First Amendment.
BTW, if you do manage to get through the whole thing, note the concurring (with the 5-4 majority) opinion of Justice Thomas, who goes out of his way to prove he's as dumb as a post.
HB
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 5/12/2014 11:31 AM, Higgs Boson wrote:

thing, note the concurring (with the 5-4 majority) opinion of Justice Thomas, who goes out of his way to prove he's as dumb as a post.

Personal attacks. So unbecoming.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Oren wrote:

It's possible to have components of "socialism" in a capitalist society.
The problem with most Americans is that they're brainwashed into choosing a side between "conservative and liberalism". The politicians are laughing their asses off about this. There is virtually no difference between the "two parties". Behind closed doors the agenda never changes, hasn't in 60 years. And anyone that thinks the POTUS has so much power to control all aspects of government policies is just plain asleep at the wheel. You folks that subscribe to either party, regardless of whom is running are more dangerous than the politicians. You're scared of the government, when the exact opposite should be true. That's why their plan of division is working so well. I wish folks would wake up, renounce party affiliations and think for themselves. Pulling a straight ticket is about as stupid as it gets on election day. You don't even know who you're voting for because you're too lazy to research the candidates. It takes me an hour to vote. I see sheeple walk in and out in two minutes after pulling a straight ticket.
I don't want to start shit at the polling place, but I would love to interview those folks with all the candidates mixed up on a list out of order (without a "R" or "D" next to their names) and ask who they voted for! I'll bet 95% won't even get 50% of the names they voted for correctly.
In fact, I may just do that come November.
--

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety,
deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Monday, May 12, 2014 10:19:42 AM UTC-4, G. Morgan wrote:

What total rubbish. There are some aspects that both parties have in common, but it's ridiculous to claim that there is virtually no difference between the two parties.
And anyone that thinks the POTUS has so much power

Control? No. But he is the leader and has a lot to say in the national agenda. Who drove through Obamacare, for example? Also note that's a very clear and big example of differences in the two parties.
You folks that subscribe to either party, regardless of whom is

Say what? Because Americans choose to join a political party, they are "dangerous".
You're scared of the

Citizens should always be skeptical, if not scared of their govt. History has proven why.
That's why their

Not for me. I find it just about impossible to vote for anyone who identifies with the Democrat party. What you find as stupid, isn't. The Republican party holds positions on major issues that I identify with about 90%. The Democratic party, I can't think of a single thing that's a current issue, where I hold position that's the same as theirs. It's not that I won't vote for a Democrat because they are Democrats. I'm not voting for a Democrat because I disagree with their positions and approach to govt.
You don't even

Now you're making broad assumptions.

If that's true, then it must be you who is lazy and confused. You don't know who you want to vote for before entering the booth? Good grief.
I see sheeple walk in and out

Where exactly do you vote where you see how other people vote? Good grief. And if you know who you want to vote for before entering the booth, why would it ever take more than 2 minutes? They don't have sample ballots that they mail to you and posted at the polls?

Even if they can't it doesn't prove much. I'm aware of all the candidates and as I've said, I don't know of a single Democrat I would ever vote for. Today's Democrat party is not the party of JFK or Truman. They've even gone so extreme that they drove out Joe Lieberman, who was their VP nominee a decade ago. So, I can see some lazy folks not bothering to figure it all out and using a proxy, ie party affiliation instead. It is a democracy and they are free to vote as they please.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Site Timeline

Related Threads

    HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.