Name that Flashing

What is the name of the flashing that would be installed between siding of a second story and the sloping roof running beside the siding.. The flashing is "L" shaped, with one edge under siding and the other under the shingles...However.. the section under the shingles is maybe 4 inches wide, then folds back on itself between 1 and 2 inches. | | this part folds down | \ |_____________\
Thanks
On Thu, 06 Nov 2003 13:23:25 +0000, AgaPSDIVER wrote:

Ah, L flashing. Depending on your location, step flashing is also used for this application.
Let me try another name .... "step flashing".
thunder wrote:

I thought step flashing was like small sections "stepped" down the shingle courses.. This is a single piece 15 feet long.

On Thu, 06 Nov 2003 14:18:31 +0000, AgaPSDIVER wrote:

It *is* called L flashing. For whatever reason, some parts of the country use this, instead of step flashing. There is also Z flashing, but that is a different beast for different applications.
You're right, I just read too much into the description.
AgaPSDIVER wrote:

Found it. It's called turnback flashing. Look Here. http://www.tamlyn.com/other/turnbackJ.html

Step flashing