name of this hinge?

See link:
http://s1142.beta.photobucket.com/user/prestwich/media/hinge.jpg.html
This exterior door hinge is mounted to the interior face of the door. It has a right angle bend to it, forming a flange about 1/4" wide. The mating half is flat and mortised into the jamb.
I would like to source new hinges of this exact size and style, but I don't know what to search for. Is there a name for this particular style of hinge?

this is the closest i could quickly find http://www.mcmaster.com/?m=true#butt-hinges/=lakx52 close but not exact

one page further...
http://www.mcmaster.com/?m=true#butt-hinges/=laniha

Thanks, and note that McMaster is a frame-based website (I think that's the right term) so sending a URL will not take the viewer (me) to the same thing you were looking at. In this case, your link and Chairman's link took me to the same page.
That said, it does seem like "half-surface" is a useful search term.

House was built in 1952. It's likely looking that I will be re-using the old hinges. I can take them off for refinishing. Just thought if I could readily buy new, I'd do it.
On 2/1/2013 1:38 PM, Smitty Two wrote:

They're an offset hinge and I've not seen one in like 50+ years other than the couple of pairs that have that were taken off some doors in the old farmhouse here--they were used in several places but are of ca. 1915 vintage. Lots of luck in finding a current source--I've no ideas where to tell you to try.
Oh, maybe some of the preservation/restoration sites (but they'll undoubtedly be priced at a premium if find them there, either)???

Thanks. Offset seems a good word, but a google image search for offset hinge wasn't fruitful. As I mentioned in another response, house was built in 1952. These are definitely odd. Just noticed this evening that although each half has four mounting holes, the pattern is different. I guess I'll be reworking the originals. Probably better than what I could buy now anyway.

What about "step hinge"?
Using that term, I get Google Images results that kinda-sorta look close to your photograph.
--
Tegger

Smitty Two wrote:

"half surface butt hinge" gets a lot... http://www.google.com/#hl=en&tbo=d&output=search&sclient=psy-ab&q=half+surface+butt+hinge&oq=half+surface+butt+hinge&gs_l=hp.3...570.7526.0.8117.23.23.0.0.0.0.580.3995.13j3j1j2j1j2.22.0.les%3Bcqn%2Cfixedpos%3Dfalse%2Cboost_normal%3D40%2Cboost_high%3D40%2Ccconf%3D1-2%2Cmin_length%3D2%2Crate_low%3D0-035%2Crate_high%3D0-035%2Csecond_pass%3Dfalse%2Cignore_bad_origquery%3Dtrue%2Conetoken%3Dfalse..0.0...1c.1.HPEySjI8y8I&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&bvm=bv.41867550,d.eWU&fp9e0bb3604b65ec6&biw 1&bihH6
--

dadiOH
____________________________
On 2/1/13 1:38 PM, Smitty Two wrote:

Are these http://tinyurl.com/a2hbndv anywhere close to what you want?

Looks like half mortise/half lap hinge. From 1930's-50's. Restoration places usually have them. Installation is usually paired with glass/ hollow brass door knobs. Have a few pairs, but I used it for backup. Can't remember who made it. However, if you strip the paint you may find who manufactured it. Ones I have were diamond shaped mark and mfr's name on it.
In article

Hey, I think this could be it, found by searching "half surface hinge."
http://tinyurl.com/aw9asxz
Wish they would show an end view. But the hole patterns are correct.

Better NOT to refinish the old ones. Give the new one a patina; dip and hang over vinegar in a closed container. May take a while though.
In article
snipped-for-privacy@altavista.net wrote:

I ordered the "oil-rubbed bronze" finish. That should go with my new scheme. If they don't match what I have (from what I can tell, they will) then I'll return them, and just sand blast and paint the old ones.
On 2/1/2013 1:38 PM, Smitty Two wrote:

surfaced on the jamb, it would be called a half mortise. The terms are often misapplied, so check both. You will probably need to work with an order desk or commercial hardware supplier as I doubt they will be on the shelf at the Borg.
--

Keep the whole world singing . . .