Name of plug in US

Page 5 of 5
William Sommerwerck wrote:

And are good for about ten or twenty insertions before they get loose.
Cheers! Rich

Look at the "shell" carefully: no screw... :)
--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and farces be with you!
Klay_Anderson wrote:

Not the ones I saw in the picture. The center pin is WAY too fat for an F. They're simply audiophool-style RCA connectors with a solid shell that looks "kewl".
Cheers! Rich

The name of the plug is, how an RCA phonograph plug should have been made. Greg
zek wrote:

請考慮綜援 (CSSA):http://www.swd.gov.hk/tc/index/site_pubsvc/page_socsecu/sub_addressesa
YAWn.............................................
--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid on it, because it's
Teflon coated.

Why?

Dont know what they are called but Radio Shack has the adapters, just bought one. Also for what it is worth the male plugs for those cables will fit a stard F type socket. I thought they were just quick connect F connectors and had bee using them as such until I bought a stereo for my daughter that HAD to have one. Jimmie
Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.

My JVC came with one of these for the antenna connection. I believe its called an N connector. MCM sells adapters, N to F connector, so does Radio Shack.
Deke wrote:

This is a 'N' connector:
http://nocat.net/images/connectors/N.jpg
They are used for higher power & frequencies than what he posted, and are not compatible. They were used at 4 GHz on early C-band satellite LNAs as well as a lot of commercial and military communications equipment.
They are constant impedance, and come in 50 and 75 ohm versions. A 50 ohm plug will damage a 75 ohm jack, due to the different diameters of the center conductor.