Name of plug in US

What's the name of the plugs in USA?
It seems that USA televisions only use F Type connectors.
--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and farces be with you!

http://www.walmart.com/ip/RCA-12-RG-6-Digital-Coaxial-Cable-With-Gold-Plated-F-Connectors-White/11600133?adid=77777777913300000038&wmlspartner=PSGooglePLA&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=11600133

No... tHe pin is a bit bigger and round at the tip. Not like BNC.
--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and farces be with you!
On Sat, 30 Apr 2011 04:55:34 -0700 (PDT), Bob Villa

RG6 and RG59 are CABLE designations, not a plug designation.
PlainBill
Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.

That is correct

This looks to me like an RF plug I have seen used for antenna input on some imported FM tuners (my Onkyo has one). I don't recall the name but Radio Shack used to have adapters to fit both the male and female varieties of this to U,S,-standard threaded F connectors.
On 4/30/2011 6:39 AM, Man-wai Chang wrote:

You have gotten one good reply from The Ghost in the Machine, although it took him 2 tries. It is an RCA plug, used for audio.
Bill
Bill Gill wrote:

Yes, but the solid shell is probably confusing.
They're also used for demodulated plain ol' NTSC video, but I can't speak at what they use in Rightpondia. ;-)
Cheers! Rich

When not called "tv coaxial antenna plug" (or some variation thereof) I've heard it called called "Belling-Lee" or "PAL" (neither of which are technically accurate).
compared to F connectors it has the advantage of withstanding more insertion cycles, but the disadvantage of poor impedance matching.
Wikipedia suggests it is standardised as "IEC 169-2"
--
⚂⚃ 100% natural

All of you are all wrong.. The plugs that are on the white cable in the Weblink is in fact known as Belling Lee. They are used all over Great Britain for both FM and UHF TV The ones in the pic are the male version of Belling Lee.
Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.

On 4/30/2011 10:16 PM, Stephen wrote:

I can't find a BNC female to Belling Lee adaptor in Amazon US...
In fact Amazon US doesn't have any electronics item with "Belling Lee" in its specification.
--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and farces be with you!
Man-wai Chang wrote:

http://rfshop.com.au/Store/tabid/63/List/1/CategoryID/2/Category2ID/55/Category3/other/Level/3/ProductID/2928/Default.aspx
2 minutes on google
--
PV

If you can't fix it with a hammer.......you have an electrical problem

http://rfshop.com.au/Store/tabid/63/List/1/CategoryID/2/Category2ID/55/Category3/other/Level/3/ProductID/2928/Default.aspx
PAL??? Belling Lee?
--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and farces be with you!
Man-wai Chang wrote:

IEC 169-2
Jamie
Am 2.5.2011 schrub Jamie:

I found "IEC 60169-2" on http://www.itwissen.info/definition/lexikon/Antennenstecker-antenna-connector.html (The text is German, though).
Another search for "IEC 60169-2" led here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEC_169-2#Belling-Lee
So, "Belling-Lee", as others pointed out, would be correct.
Josef
--
These are my personal views and not those of Fujitsu Technology Solutions!
Josef Mllers (Pinguinpfleger bei FTS)
Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.

On 04/30/11 01:23 pm, Stephen wrote:

NTSC = Never Twice Same Color SECAM = Something Entirely Contrary to American Method PAL = Perfection At Last
Perce
Percival P. Cassidy wrote:

NTSC I hate repeats any way!
Jamie

And for that matter, BNC twist on, so why are they in this discussion at all (in other posts)? I just learned that B stands for bayonet.

Bayonet Neill Concelmann

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BNC_connector