Nails backing out of wood siding.

I have a 60+ year old house with wood siding. I have to paint it or replace the siding. If I stay with the wood siding, I was thinking about puting in screws where the nails have pushed out from the siding. The nails don't have much bite anymore. So, I was wondering what people thought of the idea of using screws. I live in Arkansas, so moisture is a big problem. Thanks
<< The nails don't have much bite anymore. So, I was wondering what people thought of the idea of using screws >>
If the number of loose nails is relatively small (like a box full) then use screws. Stainless steel would be best for permanence, especially in moisture prone areas. The difference in cost between SS and plated screws is not all that great. HTH
Joe
But don't overtighten them because I've seen them pulled thru as the house settles or swells.

Galvanized deck screws. Totally great idea. Do it sooner rather than later.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus