Nails backing out of wood siding.

I have a 60+ year old house with wood siding. I have to paint it or replace the siding. If I stay with the wood siding, I was thinking about puting in screws where the nails have pushed out from the siding. The nails don't have much bite anymore. So, I was wondering what people thought of the idea of using screws. I live in Arkansas, so moisture is a big problem. Thanks

Reply to
noel

But don't overtighten them because I've seen them pulled thru as the house settles or swells.

Reply to
Art

Galvanized deck screws. Totally great idea. Do it sooner rather than later.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon