Nailing T1-11 siding

I am building a shed and am ready to nail up the T1-11 siding. My question is how to nail it at the vertical overlap seams. I am getting different answers at Lowes and HD. Some are saying 1 nail through both panels, others are saying nail through each panel separately.
I have always nailed thru the overlap with one nail and never had any problems. Hopefully your joints will fall on a stud :-)
If they don't, he should fire the carpenter! :)
david
Randd01 wrote:

I thought he was building the shed himslef. Thats why I threw in the wise crack lol!