Nail guns

Page 3 of 3

You make some valid statements---true the nails are more expensive-----true they can be dangerous in a child's or morons hand and accidents happen to us all at times but I think saws and driving a car are more dangerous. If you want to forgo progress and live in the buggy era that is you privilege. But you have made a valid point as to the cost and danger of the tools.

snipped-for-privacy@someISP.com says...

I know someone who put a nail in his eye.

Baloney. The cost of *my* energy and time is far more.

If you're too stupid to use a nail gun, I suggest you stay in bed.

Utter nonsense. That must be why carpenters use nail guns now. It costs them more money.

You *are* a fool. Ever hear of coated nails? Ever see a board split when you whack it with a hammer/nail?

You must be a Democrat.
--
Keith

It's called LAZINESS. Todays American youth are all the laziest motherfuckers in all of history. They waste huge amounts of money to offset their laziness and they are the biggest energy wasters on earth. Then they wonder why they are all fat and spend their entire lives when off work, in front of their tv and computer, or on their cellphones. I might be old, but I know how to do honest work without destroying the atmosphere to power all these electrical toys. I'd be happy to teach any of these youth what a REAL MAN is all about, but not one of them would be willing to get off their lazy ass to learn. I'd be willing to put money on the fact that i can place nails with a hammer as fast as any nailgun, if I want to. But since I strive for accuracy and quality work, I would not be willing to try.
There is a factory in a nearby town that manufactures these pre-fab homes, and almost every week there is someone in the newspaper that is injured by a nailgun. At least one mam has died in the past. Yeah, cars and power saws can be dangerous, but they are safe if handled properly. Nailguns can and do misfire, and thats when accidents happen. You can NOT be safe enough with them. Sooner or later, one of them is going to misfire and injure or kill the user or another person. Just like a rifle, anything that shoots an object under high pressure are the most dangerous devices known to man. I personally consider a nailgun far more dangerous than a rifle. Rifles are generally loaded and shot as intended, and the number of shots per day are minimal. Nailguns are taken for granted, and fired thousands of times in one day. Thats when accidents happen. One jammed nail and someone is likely to get hurt or killed. I wont even go near someone using one of them. I once had a friend ask me to help him with some home repairs. When I got there he was using a nailgun. I told him that if he wanted my help, he'd have to turn that thing off, or I would go back home. He seemed to have the attitude that building without a nailgun was not possible. I proved him wrong.
snipped-for-privacy@someISP.com says...

No, it's called PRODUCTIVITY. Look it up.

Youth? The carpenter I hired was in his fifties, and walked on the job with a pneumatic nailer.

You strive to be an angry old coot. Well, you made it.

You've proven nothing other than you're an angry antique, stuck in the buggy-whip days.
--
Keith

Damn, I'm going to have to tell my kids that this is what they are when they get home from their jobs, and their studies, and their other activities. They'll be surprised to know this about themselves and I'm sure they will be genuinely appreciative for your having made them aware of their condition. Unfortunately, they can't respond for themselves because they are too busy with productive lives to spend any time on usenet like you and I. So - I'll respond for them... Ready... Here it comes... Bullshit!

The collective group here stands in awe of you.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

Your are a foul mouth SOB also. No need for you here.
On Tue, 2 Jan 2007 13:36:08 -0600, "Leon"

Easy, there! Yes, he didn't have to use strong language, but he DOES have a point!!!
<aspasia> wrote in message wrote:

I believe every generation had lazy youth.
snipped-for-privacy@swbell.net says...

My parent's generation certainly thought so. Some of their generation is angry at what we have too.
--
Keith

On Tue, 02 Jan 2007 11:27:30 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@someISP.com wrote:

Do you where safety goggles when you hammer? It is recommended by my hammer manufacturer, but I fail to fully follow those directions and that makes me subject to a serious injury.
The same applies with a nail gun, as in cases I've read about injuries and it always seemed that safety mechanisms were disabled by the user.
I can tell from your experience that you can drive a 16d nail with two strokes of a hammer. With a nail gun, pull the trigger. Hammers make my old hands hurt and aggravate my arthritis (claw hand).
You are not wrong for wanting to hammer everything. I'm very judicious with my nailers, but I still don't wear them safety glasses... oh well.
-- Oren

I need a new key board: "wear".
On Tue, 02 Jan 2007 09:23:30 -0600, someone wrote:

Statistics and source please? Didn't think so.
I'll give up my nailgun when they pry the nails out of my cold dead hand.
--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate

Yeah - and before cars became commonplace, there were far fewer reported cases of people getting killed in head on horse collisions too.

So are table saws.

Your rant would have been totally acceptable up to this point. On this one, you are all wet.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

OK, anything with a cord is dangerous, very dangerous. You can should use a hand saw from now own unless you are too weak to operate a hand saw. Apparently you have not used a nail gun enough to realize that they truly are cheaper to operate than a regular hammer. Time savings is immense.
I have accumulated about ten Sencos (staplers and brad nailers) over many years. Senco was an originator of this genre of tools. Many of the Johnny Come Lately brands seem to have joined the party when Senco's patents expired. Senco does have an active repair and parts service business. If this is important to you, you will be able to keep your tools operating for years to come. I have absolutely no connection to the brand.
Joe G
SBH wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com says...

Yes, if my Senco siding nailer is any measure, they need a great parts pipeline. I did buy an O-ring kit, but haven't installed it (done with the siding job).
--
Keith

SBH wrote: