Nail guns

Page 2 of 3

Loud and noisy--but it works well. :) It's an oil-less type system.

I doubt it has enough capcity/volume/flow/etc. to handle spraying. It's fine for driving the nail guns, a blower nozzle and inflating tires--but that's probably about it.

remove ".invalid".

I have a Bostitch N62FN, and love it. Nice and light with lots of power.
http://www.bostitch.com/default.asp?CATEGORY=BOS%5FFINISH%5FAND%5FTRIM%5FNAILER&TYPE=PRODUCT&PARTNUMBER=N62FN&SDesc00+inch+Lbs%2E+Driving+Power%26%23064%3B100+psi+Trim+Work%2FDrawers%2FCabinet+Nailer
Watch for URL wrap.
J.A. Michel wrote:

http://www.bostitch.com/default.asp?CATEGORY=BOS%5FFINISH%5FAND%5FTRIM%5FNAILER&TYPE=PRODUCT&PARTNUMBER=N62FN&SDesc00+inch+Lbs%2E+Driving+Power%26%23064%3B100+psi+Trim+Work%2FDrawers%2FCabinet+Nailer
There are five of these on Ebay for less than $100.00
http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?cgiurl=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.com%2Fws%2F&fkr=1&from=R8&satitle=N62FN&category0=&submitSearch=Search
On Sun, 31 Dec 2006 00:13:04 -0600, "J.A. Michel"
This is anecdotal only. I have one too, and had so much trouble with it shooting doubles and jamming that I bought a Hitachi which works great. Happened about 5 years ago. The Hitachi shoots plastic stripped nails and the Bostich shoots clipped head.
--
Larry
Email to rapp at lmr dot com

Interesting. I bought a used Bostich N63CP (wire-colated siding nailer) and had lots of trouble with it double nailing too. Adjusting the air pressure cured a lot of it but it was never perfect. Perhaps Bostich is a brand to stay away from.
--
Keith

the "Paslode framing nailer plus" has my vote for best framing gun it shoots clipped head or full round head (paper strip) nails. and has a nice hook on the end to hang it on framing lumber. owned it for 16 years and it is still going strong.
wrote (with possible editing):

snipped-for-privacy@bluebottle.com says...

I use both the Porter Cable 16ga. finish nailer and the 18ga. brad nailer for trim work. The 18ga. is just right for nailing casing into door frames. I then use the 16ga. to nail the other side of the casing through the sheetrock into the framing. Works great.
--
Keith

All my framing guns are Bostitch. I have mistreated them all equally. They all still work great.....may not look too good but, they still do the job. I have their pin nailer, too. shoots 1.5" to 2.5" . I use it for utility boxes, drawers, etc.. It was cheap to buy. The pins are NOT cheap. I looked in to a finish nailer, but I lke the headless (nearly) pins. I can still counter sink them with judicious adjustment of the air pressure. They hold just fine on oak crown molding, jambs, etc. Gene
SBH wrote:

That sound more like a "brad nailer". Bostich shows "true headless" pinners with lengths only up to 1-3/16" long. Brad nailers shoot brads that are much longer that have tiny heads.
On Mon, 01 Jan 2007 15:26:30 GMT, "Leon"

Nail guns are dangerous tools. I would not own one of them. They truely are GUNS and they can kill. The best use for a nail gun is to sell it to a recycler to turn back into raw steel to make hammers.
Buy a decent hammer, and buy some (much cheaper) nails.

Silly you. Guns don't kill - bullets do.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

Guns just make 'em go faster.
--
Keith

No dumb questions, just dumb answers.

This has got to be a troll.

Those who use the word "troll" are the REAL trolls. Your post is off topic and a waste of bandwidth.
* PLONK *
" They truely are GUNS and they can kill. The best use for a nail gun is to

Phooey, do you have an automobile?
Walt Conner

P L E A S E, If you feel that way, stay out of the garage.
On Tue, 02 Jan 2007 13:06:12 GMT, "Leon"

I have used a hammer for the past almost 60 years and aside from hitting my thumb a few times, I have never been injured. I could not count the number of incidences I have heard about people getting severely injured with nail guns. Nail guns are dangerous tools, and they are costly to use because of the high cost of the nails and the amount of energy needed to operate them. If you are too weak to operate a hammer, or just too damn lazy to use your muscles, I suggest that YOU stay out of the garage. Nailguns may save a few minutes of time, but the cost to operate them exceeds the extra cost of labor to do it with a plain hammer. This does not even take into account the medical bills, pain, and loss of work time encountered when you shoot yourself or another employee with one of those goddamn guns. It's not "if" you'll get shot with one of them, it's "WHEN". Besides this, hand hammered nails hold much better than nailgun nails, which is why guys that use nailguns almost always put twice the amount of nails that they would use by hand. Nail guns should have never been invented, and those that use them should be required by law to be certified and licensed prior to using them, because it's often someone else that that gets shot by them.
snipped-for-privacy@someISP.com wrote:

I know!
I saw "Happy Gilmore"!

I was thinking of one of the Lethal Weapon movies.