NAHB - Four days of testosterone!

I just finished working four days of setup for the National Association of Home Builders in Las Vegas, NV, which opens tomorrow.

What an awesome site, including a two story 2000 sf house built in the North Hall. And a couple of more built in the parking lot on the Paradise Blvd. side. And all built in four days. Tons of exhibits from everything from nail guns to $12,000 decorative glass/ornamental metal doors. $8,000 Viking stoves. Every darn thing you can imagine that is used in homebuilding and repairs.

Anyone here lucky enough to attend? If so, I will see you there. I got lucky, and get to work during the show.

A truly awesome sight.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Have fun!

Association of

$8,000 Viking

homebuilding and

Reply to
Des Perado

Is it open to the public? I live in Vegas and would love to go to these shows, but most are closed to the public. Any chance of a free pass?

Jim

Reply to
ChiliJim

Most trade shows are easy to get into. If you write in advance, you can get reregistered with most any letterhead or business card, even if it is generated in your computer. They send you badges in advance. Usually no registration fee. Go to LVCVA.com and get a convention schedule. Figure which ones you want to go to, and apply in advance. At the door, a polite manner, and a business card that relates to the show usually does it. Can even be as generic as "Smith Consulting Services", and be accepted. Lots of lookie-lous and rubberneckers there. Dress the part and act right, and you will sail right in. Only a few shows that are closely scrutinized. They want buyers, and don't want to offend anyone. You will get lots of freebies, free entertainment, and a pretty good price break on anything they are selling.

The show is absolutely like Disneyland for a home repair guy. I bought a Drill Doctor 750 for $149 at show special price. Hope they work as good as people say they do. I have been wanting one for a long time. I must have

200 dull drill bits kicking around here. I could spend thousands at the show. I saw a huge set of entry doors today for $10,000. Now, if they would just pick the RIGHT darn lottery numbers.

Looking around at the convention makes me want to go out and get busy around the house. But for now, I am going to relax until I have to go back Thursday for teardown. Consumer Electronics Show and Home Builders back to back have been two VERY busy weeks. More shows in the pipeline, and then it will be time to do my honeydoos around the houses.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Hey thanks Steve, I might try that.