mystery tool

Cleaning up my tools and organizing them; I actually have two of these
http://s1058.photobucket.com/user/thatguyN8/library/Mystery%20Tool?sort=3&page=1
The label reads:
(something)T and CLINCH OK INDUSTRIES INC 3455 CONNER STREET BRONX, NY 10475, USA MADE IN ITALY
Cast/stamped into the metal above the label is "TP-3"
I assume it has something to do with electrical or electronics work based on where I got them (in a lot of stuff that I was told to dispose of at a previous employer - and yes I was told it didn't matter how I disposed of it) I knew what most of the tools were but this one has me stumped. A web search is not helping, other than to confirm that OK Industries does make electrical/electronics tools...
any help appreciated; if this is worth anything I'd like to sell one, I have too much crap. If it's fundamentally worthless one of 'em (or both?) is going into the trash...
thanks
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
On 12/16/2013 12:10 PM, Nate Nagel wrote:

http://goods.ruten.com.tw/item/show?11090917651752
:-)
On 12/16/2013 01:55 PM, Irreverent Maximus wrote:

Yup, that's it all right...
anyone speak Chinese?
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
On 12/16/2013 1:49 PM, Nate Nagel wrote:

Open the link in Chrome and you'll get the option to have the page translated into English. It's readable but not totally comprehensible:
OK, TP-3, Cut and Clinch, high shear, cut flat, Purchase Price $800
* Condition figure, function properly, has been tested.
* Factory production line is ideal for fillet cut parts with fast, consistent quality and good after shearing.
On 12/16/2013 03:49 PM, Moe DeLoughan wrote:

$800? woo hoo! Oh, wait, .tw
never mind
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
On 12/16/13, 10:55 AM, Irreverent Maximus wrote:

Even translated to English the ad is very vague... I strongly suspect the seller doesn't know what it is either.
Erik
On 12/16/2013 12:10 PM, Nate Nagel wrote:

It looks like what I've seen before for installing through the hole circuit board components to cut, bend over and flatten the component's lead to prepare it for soldering. ^_^
TDD

Ah, that makes sense... both from where I found it (in a drawer with stuff that might have been related to it, like one of those little triangle things for shaping the leads of resistors/diodes, some chip pullers, etc.) and also from Irreverent Maximus' post where I did learn that the sticker apparently should have read "CUT and CLINCH"
probably not horribly valuable I guess then... maybe I'll keep one in case I ever need it and give one to my roommate who never will but hoards tools like an obsessive compulsive squirrel.
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
On 12/16/2013 2:10 PM, Nate Nagel wrote:

If you do any soldering on circuit boards where install components through the holes in the board, the tool is great for cutting and bending the leads over at the same time. I did some work for one of the best ever industrial control engineers who produced all of his own circuit boards for systems he built. Everything was through the hole discrete caps, IC's and resistors back then and that tool was what I seem to recall being around back then. There was no surface mount stuff back then except (sort of) high power output transistors in solid state RF linear amps. ^_^
TDD
On 12/16/2013 1:10 PM, Nate Nagel wrote:

crafts metal working, rec puzzles, and another group I can't remember. he's got a really fine readership.
I suspect wire cutter for working on PC boards.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

rec.woodworking
Stolen without permission....
"This week's set has been posted:
http://55tools.blogspot.com/
Larger images:
http://imgur.com/a/uU6tl
Rob"
On 12/16/2013 6:19 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

That looks like a jig you would use to hold a ball so a hole could be drilled through it on a drill press. ^_^
TDD