Mystery pipe?

To keep it hot?
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 01/22/2013 10:31 AM, Thomas wrote:

It requires less energy than heating cold water.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 1/23/2013 5:28 PM, sam E wrote:

Yea, you can always use a solar heating system to preheat water. ^_^
TDD
Add pictures here
βœ–
The Daring Dufas wrote:

Except it cools way down on the way back from the sun. ;-)
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Jan 22, 11:27 am, The Daring Dufas <the-daring-du...@stinky- finger.net> wrote:

That would depend on how hot you heat the hot water.
In the average house you probably have an 80 - 90 degree range before your HWH becomes a boiler, although we need probably need to factor pressure (and the PRV) into the equation.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 1/22/2013 11:23 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

I remember Myth Busters removing the T&P valve and plugging to hole in an electric water heater and building a little test house, filling the heater, turning on the power and watching the thing take off like a rocket blowing up the little house. ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbreKn4PoAc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v
›U-I2ZiML0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGWmONHipVo

TDD
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 1/22/2013 8:31 AM, Existential Angst wrote:

My guess is that it is the prolly regulator..
Add pictures here
βœ–

That would be "proly".....
--
EA

Add pictures here
βœ–

βœ–
On Jan 22, 4:46 pm, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

That was a joke. Whosssh!
Add pictures here
βœ–

it is some sort of weird attempt at a drain line going outside?
Add pictures here
βœ–

How about a photo?
Add pictures here
βœ–

>to be some sort of vent/pressure relief ditty coming off the *CW inlet to > the HWH*.  From the CW pipe to this gadget is copper, from the gadget to the

just get

That's the best idea. The heck with all of this speculating by people who just don't know. Check city water, gas and drainage lines for that area. They could probably tell you best.
( http://www.missutility.net )
Add pictures here
βœ–