Mystery pipe?

Page 2 of 4
wrote in message

new tanks are more efficent and safer too.....
although electric tanks are 100% efficent less standby losses newer foam insulation cuts operating expenses dramatically ================================================ I wonder what the bottom line is, cost-wise? Or better yet, cost-to-own-over-10-years- wise, what with electricity being more expensive, but then more efficient. There should be boucou tests on this. Sounds like a good thread..... :) I'd consider an electric. But I think the regenerative time of gas is faster?
Funny, gas seems to predominate in water heaters, electric in clothes dryers..... Poss. cuz the H20 combustion product dudn't help the drying process??
--
EA

Add pictures here
✖

Depends on where you are, gas is popular where gas is cheap, the folks had gas water heating and a gas clothes dryer for 40 years, most of the neighbors had the same. Newer parts of town had houses that were all-electric, there was that scare back in the '70s where we were running out of NG and they stopped permits for it.
Electricity is going to go nowhere but up, what with power plants being shut down per Big O's war on coal. Unless he puts the skids on natural gas exploration, gas will continue to be the cheaper option along the pipelines.
Stan
Add pictures here
✖
In NYS, there is a public ed campaign going on, about the "dangers of fracking". From what I can figure, in PA, they do a LOT of hydro fracturing to get the natural gas out of the ground, and no one seems to think it's dangerous. In NYS, I used to see a lot of signs with the circle slash "/FRACK/". I suspect that's part of the admin's war on business and war on cheap, effective products.
Depends on where you are, gas is popular where gas is cheap, the folks had gas water heating and a gas clothes dryer for 40 years, most of the neighbors had the same. Newer parts of town had houses that were all-electric, there was that scare back in the '70s where we were running out of NG and they stopped permits for it.
Electricity is going to go nowhere but up, what with power plants being shut down per Big O's war on coal. Unless he puts the skids on natural gas exploration, gas will continue to be the cheaper option along the pipelines.
Stan
Add pictures here
✖
On Jan 23, 6:49 am, "Stormin Mormon"
> In NYS, there is a public ed campaign going on, > about the "dangers of fracking". From what I can

> to see a lot of signs with the circle slash "/FRACK/".

Against faucet water that tastes nasty and that you can ignite with a lighter.
(put fracking and lighter in a search machine together)
Add pictures here
✖
On Thu, 24 Jan 2013 12:39:34 -0800 (PST), Transition Zone

Spreading lies is also a lie. ...but don't let that stop you.
Add pictures here
✖
On Jan 24, 6:46 pm, snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

>>Against faucet water that tastes nasty and that you can ignite with a

>> (put fracking and lighter in a search machine together)

>Spreading lies is also a lie.  ...but don't let that stop you.
Sorry for you, video doesn't lie. --
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEQMA0zwMM4

Add pictures here
✖
Transition Zone wrote:

Yes, but in virtually every case of "burning water," the water burned long before anybody knew what fracking was.
Add pictures here
✖

The rest were filmed by the 20/20 news crew.
Add pictures here
✖

Indeed.
Methane and many other flammible gases are often found in water with no outside interference
Then of course the Detroit river once caught fire..but that was the result of Democrats controlling the economy and its aspects
Gunner
1. Lie 2. Repeat the lie as many times as possible 3. Have as many people repeat the lie as often as possible 4. Eventually, the uninformed believe the lie 5. The lie will then be made into some form oflaw 6. Then everyone must conform to the lie
Add pictures here
✖

The Detroit River or the Cuyahoga River (Cleveland)? Same city, different place.
Add pictures here
✖
Consider a dripping faucet - filling a house with gas. This gas isn't treated with smell so it will sneak in and blow up when seeing a Gas stove light - candle or switching on a switch.
The water system has a gas deposit leaching into the lines.
Might have a rocket water tower in town as well.
Ugh!
Martin

✖
On Sun, 27 Jan 2013 21:52:22 -0600, Martin Eastburn

Was there some meaning behind your top-posted babble?
Add pictures here
✖
On Fri, 25 Jan 2013 14:59:54 -0800 (PST), Transition Zone

Of course not! If it's on the Internet it *must* be the truth! <rolls eyes>
Add pictures here
✖
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Yep. There are plenty of pissed-off people in western New York who notice their neighbors, just a few miles away in eastern Pennsylvania, are collecting thousands of dollars per month in royalty fees for the extracted natural gas under their land.
Add pictures here
✖

Back in the 50/60s, here in the PNW, the power companies were promoting "all electric" houses. People with them nowadays are having to find other methods of heat or "bite the big one". I have a neighbor with one of them and they basically froze in the winter due to the cost of heat, Current owners put in a pellet stove last year.
Harry K
Add pictures here
✖

natural gas prices are dropping thanks to domestic drilling, and even before that electric was far more expensive to heat water or dry clothes... plus recovery time of electric water heaters is slower.
Add pictures here
✖

Gas in any heating appliance will be cheaper to run than electric.
Harry K
Add pictures here
✖

That's a pretty absolute statement. Some areas have pretty cheap electricity while many have *no* access to natural gas. Propane can be quite pricey.
Add pictures here
✖
On Jan 24, 10:51 am, snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

Granted I should have limited it. I was refering to natural gas. As to electrictiy I don't think there is anypoace with cheaper electric than the PNW.
We have a huge natural gas pipeline running through this county but it isn't availabl out in the country and many towns also don't have access.
Harry K
Add pictures here
✖

I pay about $.08/kWh. No hope of any natural gas. Heat pumps are the norm.

Many good sized cities have no natural gas service, either.
Add pictures here
✖