mystery insect invasion

I have been getting these mysterious bugs around my house and inside as well this time of year.

They are brownish, two antennae, very small.. I wish I could take a picture of them, but they are too small.. and, I can't find any picture of them anywhere.. at first glance you think they are tiny ants, but they aren't- they are single bodied, with no intention in the center of their body. I thought they were temites of some kind, but the termite guy, during my annual inspection, said they weren't.. My neighbor had a look and said they are some type of mite. I have seen these insects at my girlfriends when she had a pipe leak and these little bugs were hanging out around the moist dampness.

I DO see these little buggers hanging around where there are ants. Are they nymphs or some kind?

They are all hanging around one side of my house, where the driveway is.

Will household pesticide take care of these, or should the temite guy come back and spray for ants?

Reply to
Chris

Noozer

nope.. not them.. actually I found out what they are-- book lice..

Reply to
Chris

Eeeeeew!!!

: )

Reply to
Noozer

Will soap n water mix in a mist bottle kill em? it works on lots of bugs and is safer than stronger chemicals.. Dean

Reply to
Dean

You could at least say where you live. That would help.

Reply to
mm

Sounds like spring tails or psocids. Both will be found high humid areas in the home and if you are in a part of the country that has had much rain they will go through population explosions and be found everywhere. They will disappear on their own but a perimeter treatment can help remove them quicker.

Lar

Reply to
Lar

No, likely it will kill them.

Reply to
Hair Pie

sorry.. baltimore MD..

A few days ago they were all hanging in a giant group crawling around my white mailbox. I sprayed Raid on top the mail box and they instantly died.. It rained last night, and they are back..

Man.. I got these.. chiggers.. ants.. all having a party here.. but not so much inside.. if I leave a window open, I will see a few of the book lice scurrying around on the sill..

Would the pesticide that is used to control ants take care of these as well? the termite guy said he has an ant treatment that also kills many other bugs as well.. I used Spectracide Terminate spray yesterday, but they will just return a few hours later..

Reply to
Chris

I'm in Baltimore too. A few days ago I was at a friend's in Randallstown and he showed me a few chiggers on his basement door, below grade. I had never known what they were called before, and hadn't seen any recently.

And it was a story on the news a week ago about a school somewhere around here that exterminated twice and then sent the kids home last Tuesday because of loads of chiggers. So you might have chiiggers.

Reply to
mm