Mystery green in the tub

Over the weeks after cleaning my bath tub, there appears slowly a greenish scummy deposit - feels like soap scum but its green. My first thought was the green 'Shield' soap I was using was the source of the color. But I stopped using colored soap (ivory now, its pure white), and still the green returns, regular as clockwork.

I changed my shampoo to and orange one, and still the green continues.

I washed the tiles thoroughly, and cleaned the curtain, and still its coming back.

So I have narrowed it down to one of the following:

  1. Leaching out of the copper piping. Nothing appears in the other showers and sinks, however, its just this one.
  2. Leaching out of the tiles - they are indeed pale green, but come on!
  3. As my wife just put it, something green is leaking out of me. I feel pretty healthy though!

Any ideas?

Reply to
dean

Excessive mineral content. Metal parts in equipment eroding. Copper, iron or manganese in water being oxidized by chlorine, monopersulfate or ozone. Low hardness level

Ripped off from a

search.

Reply to
Meat Plow

Do you have copper pipes and acidic water?

Reply to
The Reverend Natural Light

Sure sounds like mold to me.

Reply to