mysterious outlet wiring question

If you had both hot legs live, then separated the neutrals, you would create a 240 volt circuit, however if more than one thing was connected to that circuit, they would be in series and would be sharing that 240 volts

Reply to
RBM

Thanks for the reply. Sounds like the NEC people are in cahoots with the AFCI breaker people. Good thing our AHJ is just now changing to the 2006 IRC and IBC. Sounds like i'll just put GFCI's on the washer and the sump pump and see if it all stays on.

Steve Barker

Sorry - I intended to agree with you and "put another nail in the coffin".

I see they are out at Barnes & Noble.

Reply to
bud--

I never read the final decision. I thought I read somewhere it was more like (almost all) 120/15/20 outlets had to be AFCI if not required to be GFCI.

Reply to
bud--