My Wife.....

painted walls a light blue. Now she's in MD and I'm selling the house. Realtor said paint them white.

Is there really a paint that will cover this stuff in one coat?

Please help....time is of the essence.

thanks.

Reply to
~Zaitsev

I would ignore the real estate agent. Instead I would offer a $750 paint allowance to the buyer.

Reply to
Art

Ignore the realtor and the hell with the allowance. Let them buy the house as is.

Reply to
Rich

I like light blue. If the walls were white, I'd make a lower offer. Hell, I'm going to repaint it anyway unless it was just done. Unless it is hideous, dirty, or very dark, ignore the realtor.

I've never been happy with a one coat job. Two works much better. Any good brand of paint will do, just avoid the cheap crap as you need more of it, splatters more and it takes longer.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Did that. Nothing.

Reply to
~Zaitsev

I've taken that approach for 3 months. Nothing. Getting a little desperate. Maintaining two households for this period of time is straining the pocket book.

Military should take that into consideration when transferring people.

Reply to
~Zaitsev

Is the house showing? If not, white paint won't help. If yes, then find out what people are rejecting it for. Lower the price or offer a selling agent incentive bonus if that is allowed in your state. But a bad paint job may turn off potential buyers. If there is furniture in the house and it is cruddy get it out.

Reply to
Art

Where is the house? If it's in southeastern Virginia (Tidewater), it should sell quickly...unless it's overpriced. Listings here are still selling in days, not weeks.

Lynn

Reply to
LFR

-> painted walls a light blue. Now she's in MD and I'm selling the house.

-> Realtor said paint them white.

->

-> Is there really a paint that will cover this stuff in one coat?

->

-> Please help....time is of the essence.

->

-> thanks.

Can you rent the house out while you're trying to sell?

Reply to
Suzie-Q
750 credit ?? the cost for an average rooms walls to paint is 100- 150. 750 you are dreaming or a dumb ass to pay so much.
Reply to
m Ransley

im with the 'buy it as is' people here, unless its absolutely ungodly which i doubt it is..

but if i were going to do it, i would put a coat of white primer over everything and sell it as 'ready to paint whatever color(s) you want'. primer is cheaper than paint, has a better chance of sticking, and will cover enough to prep it for the paint that will come.

randy

Reply to
xrongor

"~Zaitsev" wrote

She end up at Pax???

Why not rent the house out?

Reply to
Red Neckerson

You had no option for on-base housing?

Banty

Reply to
Banty

The house is showing. And the movers have already moved most to Maryland. I just kept enough for me to get by with.

Carpet, house, etc. is clean. Priced lower than those in neighborhood (a nice one BTW).

I'm beginning to think the property taxes may be the problem.

prop can be viewed at

I'd appreciate any suggestions which could sell this place.

Thanks

Reply to
~Zaitsev

San Antonio, TX

Reply to
~Zaitsev

Don't be too hasty. She painted the entire downstairs blue. 5 rooms.

Reply to
~Zaitsev

I'll accept comments about this. I left color selection to her but it seems I should have had some input here.

~Zaitsev

While that's an option, and the house payment is about $690/mo. The property taxes are $450/mo.

Reply to
~Zaitsev

No. It's impossible to get on-base housing in San Antonio. There is a

3 year waiting list here at Lackland. It's mainly for enlisted families, and rightly so, since basic allowances for housing diminishes with rank.

And on-base housing is impossible at Andrews AFB, Maryland where she was transferred in August.

A new rub is that I received a call from St Louis and may be called out of retirement for an 18 month assignment to Heidelberg.

I don't like the idea of just 'moving out' and leaving the house empty if I have to go back to active duty.

I thought things got simpler as you got older. Go figure. :o)

Reply to
~Zaitsev

That page says FSBO. Have you MLS listed it? Out here there are firms that will do that for a small fee. Are the schools good ones? Can you put in any info about them? (Out here the %ile on the state's standardized tests are in some fliers, as are the teacher to student ratio, if either of them is good.) I had a house that lingered and lingered, and suddenly the people who found it just perfect popped up. Does it smell nice? A musty smell, which you may be accustomed to, or you may have allergies, or smoke, will turn people off immediately. I'd get another set of nostrils in there to give an honest assessment. HTH blacksalt

Reply to
kalanamak