My well is over flowing!

Hi, To Chlorine shock the well as usuall, I removed the cap and water gushed out and is over flowing since. Is something wrong with the well? Do I leave the cap open like this until water level goes down I don't when? I don't have much experience with water wells. Any comment/suggestions appreciated. We don't drink this water. TIA, Tony

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Did you turn off the pump?

Reply to
One-eyed Pirate

Hi, Oops, No. I never did. Am I suppose to turn off the pump when removing the cap? Tony

Reply to
Tony Hwang

If the cap you are talking about is the cap on top of the well then no, you don't need to turn off the pump.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

sounds like you have a leaking pipe, that would explain the overflow

Reply to
hallerb

No it wouldn't. If the pipe in the well was leaking, it would just be recirculating the water.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K