My well is flooded

I live in the country and have a well. I have been noticing my water seems wetter than it used to. I decided to take the cover off my well and have a look. When I looked into the well, I was shocked. I expected to see a pump and pipes and whatever else is supposed to be in there. Instead I saw water almost to the top of the well. The well is supposed to be 370 feet deep and I can see water maybe 25 feet from the top. My well is flooded. No wonder the water is wetter. I live in Minnesota, so this flooding is not from the hurricanes, and we have not had any severe rain storms. I dont know what caused this flooding. I am afraid the water is going to ruin my pump and pipes. What can I do to solve this? Should I report this to the Red Cross or FEMA, and should I call my insurance company?

I shut off the water pump just to be safe. I hope someone can fix this soon because hauling bath and toilet water 14 miles from the city is alot of work.

Paul

Reply to
paulmartin

You're sitting on a gold mine, kid. Red Line Oil spent millions in R&D to develop WaterWetter® - and all you have to do is pump it from your well!

CC

Reply to
CC

Isn't water suppose to be wet?

Reply to
Mikepier

I suspect what he has is dihydrogen oxide - that is dangerous and corrosive. Must be contained and handled with care.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

First thing to check is those pipes hooked up to where your fuse panel enters the house. Some were installed filled with copper wires and won't let the water drain properly so it has to back up to your well.

Just rent a pipe auger, and go at it

AMUN

Reply to
Amun

Yeahbut. Nature can be improved.

I remember hearing about something similar years ago for ag use. It was supposed to make sprays work better.

Dean

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Evaporate it creating InstantWater. Sell it to folks who need water. Think of what Bush could have done for the Katrina refugees if he'd only had some InstantWater!

Reply to
<oprrjg

Sorry for this naive post, Bush did it to them without the InstantWater.

In misc.rural snipped-for-privacy@gamera.syr.edu wrote: : Evaporate it creating InstantWater. Sell it to folks who need water. Think : of what Bush could have done for the Katrina refugees if he&#39;d only had : some InstantWater!

Reply to
<oprrjg

extra, you never know when the problem might reoccur.

Reply to
tm

if I remember the URL.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Nah, the dangers are completely over-blown by the tree-huggers. I&#39;ve used the stuff for years without safety equipment and have suffered no side effects - hell, a couple of times I accidentally fell into an entire *tub* of it...other than lightening my skin up a couple of shades, it didn&#39;t hurt a bit.

CC

Reply to
CC

That&#39;s nothing. The ground water is above ground level right now at my hunting camp.

Reply to
kryppy

s/dihydrogen oxide/hydrogen hydroxide/ ;-)

You&#39;re lucky! It can be (usually is) fatal even if inhaled. ....even a 5gal pail of it can be fatal.

Reply to
krw

Timothy Leary stared a speech one time, many many many years ago, by placing a glass of unidentified clear liquid on the podium and then going on for several minutes explaining and giving examples of its&#39; deadly nature, how many people it had killed or crippled, how many lives it had ruined, how many zillions of dollars damage it had caused over the years, etc etc etc. Then he took a sip of it and continued the speech. I saw a tape of it many years ago and still remember it.

Reply to
Doug Chadduck

just water

Reply to
Doug Chadduck

Wow - Farout - Groovy !!!!

And what was this substance?

I think I want some, it sounds like a real trip.........

Reply to
aquarius69

It was either hydrogen hydroxide or perhaps hydroxyl acid.

Reply to
Rich Greenberg

I&#39;ll take acid for $200

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

Would you have meant hydric acid?

I heard some time back it&#39;s #9 mineral configuration was discovered but, fortunately, it did not live up to dire predictions.

AL

Reply to
AL