My well is flooded

I live in the country and have a well. I have been noticing my water seems wetter than it used to. I decided to take the cover off my well and have a look. When I looked into the well, I was shocked. I expected to see a pump and pipes and whatever else is supposed to be in there. Instead I saw water almost to the top of the well. The well is supposed to be 370 feet deep and I can see water maybe 25 feet from the top. My well is flooded. No wonder the water is wetter. I live in Minnesota, so this flooding is not from the hurricanes, and we have not had any severe rain storms. I dont know what caused this flooding. I am afraid the water is going to ruin my pump and pipes. What can I do to solve this? Should I report this to the Red Cross or FEMA, and should I call my insurance company?
I shut off the water pump just to be safe. I hope someone can fix this soon because hauling bath and toilet water 14 miles from the city is alot of work.
Paul
Add pictures here
โœ–
paulmartin@_ot_ail.com wrote:

You're sitting on a gold mine, kid. Red Line Oil spent millions in R&D to develop WaterWetterฎ - and all you have to do is pump it from your well!
CC
Add pictures here
โœ–
CC wrote:

I suspect what he has is dihydrogen oxide - that is dangerous and corrosive. Must be contained and handled with care.
Harry K
Add pictures here
โœ–
Harry K wrote:

Nah, the dangers are completely over-blown by the tree-huggers. I've used the stuff for years without safety equipment and have suffered no side effects - hell, a couple of times I accidentally fell into an entire *tub* of it...other than lightening my skin up a couple of shades, it didn't hurt a bit.
CC
Add pictures here
โœ–
condor snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com says...

s/dihydrogen oxide/hydrogen hydroxide/ ;-)

You're lucky! It can be (usually is) fatal even if inhaled. ....even a 5gal pail of it can be fatal.
--
Keith

Add pictures here
โœ–
krw wrote:

placing a glass of unidentified clear liquid on the podium and then going on for several minutes explaining and giving examples of its' deadly nature, how many people it had killed or crippled, how many lives it had ruined, how many zillions of dollars damage it had caused over the years, etc etc etc. Then he took a sip of it and continued the speech. I saw a tape of it many years ago and still remember it.
Add pictures here
โœ–
On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 18:08:48 -0700, Doug Chadduck

Wow - Farout - Groovy !!!!
And what was this substance?
I think I want some, it sounds like a real trip.........
Add pictures here
โœ–
snipped-for-privacy@G-R-O-O-V-Y.com wrote:

just water

Add pictures here
โœ–

It was either hydrogen hydroxide or perhaps hydroxyl acid.
โœ–
Rich Greenberg wrote:

I'll take acid for $200
Harry K
Add pictures here
โœ–
Rich Greenberg wrote:

Would you have meant hydric acid?
I heard some time back it's #9 mineral configuration was discovered but, fortunately, it did not live up to dire predictions.
AL
Add pictures here
โœ–
paulmartin@_ot_ail.com wrote:

Isn't water suppose to be wet?
Add pictures here
โœ–

Yeahbut. Nature can be improved.
http://www.redlineoil.com/products_coolant.asp
I remember hearing about something similar years ago for ag use. It was supposed to make sprays work better.
Dean
-
Add pictures here
โœ–

First thing to check is those pipes hooked up to where your fuse panel enters the house. Some were installed filled with copper wires and won't let the water drain properly so it has to back up to your well.
Just rent a pipe auger, and go at it
AMUN
Add pictures here
โœ–
Evaporate it creating InstantWater. Sell it to folks who need water. Think of what Bush could have done for the Katrina refugees if he'd only had some InstantWater!
Add pictures here
โœ–
Sorry for this naive post, Bush did it to them without the InstantWater.
In misc.rural snipped-for-privacy@gamera.syr.edu wrote: : Evaporate it creating InstantWater. Sell it to folks who need water. Think : of what Bush could have done for the Katrina refugees if he'd only had : some InstantWater!
Add pictures here
โœ–
www.buydehydratedwater.com if I remember the URL.
--

Christopher A. Young
Do good work.
paulmartin@_ot_ail.com wrote:

http://www.safetycentral.com/moisabdespac.html Buy extra, you never know when the problem might reoccur.
Add pictures here
โœ–
On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 21:38:05 -0500, paulmartin@_ot_ail.com wrote:

That's nothing. The ground water is above ground level right now at my hunting camp.
Add pictures here
โœ–