My Toilet Keeps Running?

OK, newbie question here, I know but I have never had this problem before and I think i know what the problem is but just want to check with you all and determine the best fix.

The float in the water tank when lifted to it's highest postion does not prevent water from pouring in. The "flapper" is fine and stops the water flow in to the toilet bowl and the float is fine, it rises as the water in the tank rises but the water never stops coming in. I take it this is a valve of some sort which is not closing when the float reaches it's highest position? If so what's the fix? Do I replace the entire assembly? if so are they fairly generic so I can purchase a new assembly without the original part?

Thanks!

Reply to
Ted Appleberry

The valve has failed.

Replace the entire assembly. They're so cheap it's not worth trying to repair. Best replacement IMO is a Fluidmaster: easy to adjust, and lasts for years.

Doug Miller

When you say "when lifted to it's highest position" do you mean by the water or by hand? If it's by hand I would just go down to the store and purchase a whole new assembly, haven't done this in a while but a generic kit should work fine.

Reply to
R Doornbosch

This bad boy right here??

Fluidmaster Adjustable Anti-Siphon Repair Kit Model 090212

Thanks!

Reply to
Ted Appleberry

This link seems to be broken.

Description sounds about right, though.

Doug Miller

Hi,

Better go catch it! Kidding. Just buy the top asembly for the valve and it will be fine. It comes with three screws, the rubber round piece with a button. Take the top of the old valve off to make sure you get the right one. It will save you about $20

candice

Reply to
CLSSM00X7

If the 'float' is a ball on an arm, just try bending the arm down a little.

Have a nice week...

Trent

Dyslexics of the world ... UNTIE !

Reply to