My Toilet is sentimental- doesn't like to get rid of things completely

Tank fill is fine. No leaks. Water swirls round and round when flushed. Most stuff goes down. Then it backwashes the last bit of water (and whatever is riding the surf at that moment)
Doesn't seem like a clog. Or is it?
Has it just started being sentimental? If it has always been this way, consider holding down the handle just a little longer. Most new toilets have regular and heavy duty flush. You get the heavy duty one by holding the handle down longer.
If it just started, did it just get colder in your area. It seems some people are having problems with the vents being blocked by frost.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
Backing up would be a sign of a clog or a vent stack problem somewhere, i dont have an answer as to fixing it as I would be calling for help myself.

What kind of water do you have in your area, is it hard water? That might, over time, contribute to jet clogging(mineral deposits). Someday, it'll all be over....
(Fotmasta)

might,
Is it one of those low flow water saver toilets? I solved my problem with one of thse by pouring a large glass of water into the bowl when I flushed. Eliminates everything on the first flush.