My stained bathtub is giving me nightmares

Page 2 of 2

Thanks for all the suggestions, guys. I really appreciate it!
It sounds to me like there's no easy/cost effective way of going about refinishing it. I suppose I could always keep trying out different cleaners in the meantime, and think about heckling my superintendent again.
Thanks again everyone!
My tub wasn't quite that bad, but it was dirty, and amazing ugly (avocado green!).
I found a place that did "refinishing". It's a special acrylic product that is applied with an electric charge to adhere, then baked or chemically activated. It did an amazing job covering EVERYTHING. It's not really a paint, but isn't a slip-on cover like Bathfitters does. It is sort of like a very think epoxy. The total cost for a 1-piece standup shower/tub surround was $500.
If you want, contact me offline and I'll see if I can dig up the company name (they have franchises around the country).

A landlord is not in the business to make a tenant happy. He is there to make money. So, if he can replace the tub for $285 ()for a new cast iron) or spend $500 to have it refinished, which option do you think he will opt for?
Tony

French made
The cheapest thing is to replace it. I just bought a new cast iron tub at Home Depot for $285. If you are willing to spend the money and the landlord lets you, that is the way to go. Personally, I would never put money into improving a property that someone else owns. If the landlord is that anal, I would tell him you are not renewing your lease. I am sure that future renters may be bothred enough by the yellowing of the tub to the point where he will have to replace it anyway.
Tony