My Spouse Let A Mouse In The House

Page 2 of 3
we use a sticky trap rat sized with attractant scent built in [peanut butter] in a cardboard covered box placed against the baseboard with entry and exit holes at the baseboard edge. the box will discourage most well fed older dogs but the cat will want to stick his paw in the box. the sticky trap will reduce his chances of getting away and stinking up your house [like when he dies from eating dcon] in a wall or unreachable space.
sure fire means for rats (& mice, they're dumber)
3 nights....... bait but don't set
4th night....... bait AND set
only use about a pinky finger nails worth of PB
use at least 3 or 4 traps.............get hin & any friends
cheers Bob

I believe it. They're smart enough to know the difference.
I may try this next time.

buffalobill wrote:

Theory has it that they get really thirsty and run outside for water. Or else they jump into your toilet, so keep the lid down. Or not.
When we had mice I set the traps in little paper bags. If I saw a tail sticking out of the bag I just took the whole thing outside and put it in the trash. I started doing this after one got caught only by its nose and jumped at me when I started to pick up the trap.
--
Cheers,
Bev

Oh, if only Noah would of been a bit more wise,
On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 23:04:56 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@home.net (Jack) wrote:

Get a ball-bearing mousetrap.
snipped-for-privacy@home.net (Jack) wrote in 60.giganews.com:

Give it Chicken McNuggets.
get rid of your spouse...
And this particular meece is smart; he won't touch the d-con pellets. Also, he was able to eat the peanut butter on the mouse trap, without tripping the trap. Two consecutive nights. Is this a Super Meece? What to do, what to do??
What a louse!
Best regards, Bob

Adopt a cat (not a kitten), and one raised on a farm with a mother that is a good hunter. -Dave
Dave wrote:

Our cat "Lardass" got so fat and lazy he had to use traps himself:
http://home.comcast.net/~jwisnia18/temp/mousetrap3.jpg
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)
On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 23:04:56 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@home.net (Jack) wrote:

Many can eat the bait without tripping the trap. Hence the saying aabout the better mousetrap.
Did you squish the peanut butter into the holes? Doing that will get a few more.

This is Turtle.
There is two way to get rid of rats in Louisiana.
1 Get you some real rat poison and take the package and don't open it and put the package where you think he can't get to it somewhere in a closet or behind stoves. the harder it is to find, the more he will eat of it. If he has to open it , he thinks you did not want him in it. Rat eat Decon for a Party mix as a Snack food !
2 Take a sticky mat and take a small piece of Bacon and burn it with a match to almost nothing at all. Then put the mat with the bascon in the middle of it is a place where you would think you was tring hide it from him. the next morning he will be in it.
1 or 2 here will work.
TURTLE

Something similar is microwave popcorn. When I had mice they kept knawing through the bottom of mostly empty popcorn bags. I started putting mouse poison bricks in the bags and leaving them in places I thought mice had been.
(Of course they were in the middle of the kitchen when they ate the popcorn only bags, but somehow I wanted to choose another place.)

Look for a brighter spouse... ;-)
Peter H

Go to your local shelter, pound, or human society and adopt a cat. An adult cat that has been neutered or spayed already would be great, since older cats have trouble finding homes.
All cats will fix your mouse problem real fast, and make for a great friend too!
On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 23:04:56 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@home.net (Jack) wrote:

Jack wrote:

Tweak around with the trap until it has a hair trigger. Put a piece of fruit on the little tab and wrap thread around it a few times. Then smear it with peanut butter.
--
Cheers,
Bev