My Spouse Let A Mouse In The House

Couldn't he get a smoking rat from one of those cancer studies, and let it teach his rat how to smoke?

In those studies, when the study is over, don't they sell the rats to resuce organizations, like with old greyhounds and chimpanzees, when they're done racing and being studied?

mm

Something similar is microwave popcorn. When I had mice they kept knawing through the bottom of mostly empty popcorn bags. I started putting mouse poison bricks in the bags and leaving them in places I thought mice had been.

(Of course they were in the middle of the kitchen when they ate the popcorn only bags, but somehow I wanted to choose another place.)

mm

You left out the "climbing assist" to make it easier for the rodent to climb up.

Click on the fourth thumnail in the second row, on my homepage:

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

Our cat "Lardass" got so fat and lazy he had to use traps himself:

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

Yes, but it costs an absolute fortune to keep them. It's the little oxygen bottles. Not to mention the RDA (Rodent Disability Act) requirements that make you have wheelchair accessible mousetraps.

Reply to
Billzz

Tweak around with the trap until it has a hair trigger. Put a piece of fruit on the little tab and wrap thread around it a few times. Then smear it with peanut butter.

Reply to
The Real Bev

Theory has it that they get really thirsty and run outside for water. Or else they jump into your toilet, so keep the lid down. Or not.

When we had mice I set the traps in little paper bags. If I saw a tail sticking out of the bag I just took the whole thing outside and put it in the trash. I started doing this after one got caught only by its nose and jumped at me when I started to pick up the trap.

Reply to
The Real Bev

Peanut butter makes the mouse feet slippery and unable to stick to the trap

- = - Vasos-Peter John Panagiotopoulos II, Columbia'81+, Bio$trategist BachMozart ReaganQuayle EvrytanoKastorian ---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. Everything fully disclaimed.}---

Reply to
vjp2.at

One of my uncles was painting the fence over a year ago and came in to wash his hands and didn't close the door tight..

I saw the mouse sneak under the dishwasher.. I turned on the dishwasher and the heat and magnetism killed the little bugger..

I had a hard time beleiving how small this one was (finger sized) until I saw one in the part more recently the same size.

- = - Vasos-Peter John Panagiotopoulos II, Columbia'81+, Bio$trategist BachMozart ReaganQuayle EvrytanoKastorian ---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. Everything fully disclaimed.}---

Reply to
vjp2.at

My wife let a mouse in the house too. It took over two weeks to get rid of it. Glue traps work BUT you need the kind that is pheremone-baited, one for males and the other for females (we got the one-size fits all, which was a compromise). You have to think like a mouse to know where to set these. I placed them underneath and behind baseboards, where they hide. You can imagine how tedious this was. Pistachio nuts were the bait- we don't eat peanut butter in our house. Peanut butter attracts ants.

By the second week, the wife was getting desperate and was about ready to hire a professional exterminator. My cheapness and intransigence finally won out. This saved me $150 but what a nuisance and annoyance. The little pest left a lot of feces in the kitchen, and that was where I set the traps. Rest in hell, filthy rodent.

Good luck to the homeowner. I can sympathize.

Reply to
Abe M.

In by mm on Mon, 21 Nov 2005 00:30:08 -0500 we perused:

*+-In those studies, when the study is over, don't they sell the rats to *+-resuce organizations, like with old greyhounds and chimpanzees, when *+-they're done racing and being studied?

The technical term is "sacrifice the animal"

- = - Vasos-Peter John Panagiotopoulos II, Columbia'81+, Bio$trategist BachMozart ReaganQuayle EvrytanoKastorian ---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. Everything fully disclaimed.}---

Reply to
vjp2.at

What if the rat spreads the poison around?

Poison is ok for outdoors (and you should put it outdoors since you got'em).

- = - Vasos-Peter John Panagiotopoulos II, Columbia'81+, Bio$trategist BachMozart ReaganQuayle EvrytanoKastorian ---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. Everything fully disclaimed.}---

Reply to
vjp2.at

About a decade ago, there was a big animal rights brouhaha in Holland because they did a show on how the ancient Romans cooked. So they took a doormouse by the tail, dunked it in a goblet of wine so it wouldn't feel a thing and then roasted it by the tail over an open flame. This is was before the advent of Bubonic Plague. Perhaps it was even the cause.

- = - Vasos-Peter John Panagiotopoulos II, Columbia'81+, Bio$trategist BachMozart ReaganQuayle EvrytanoKastorian ---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. Everything fully disclaimed.}---

Reply to
vjp2.at

I thought Meese was the plural of Moose?

- = - Vasos-Peter John Panagiotopoulos II, Columbia'81+, Bio$trategist BachMozart ReaganQuayle EvrytanoKastorian ---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. Everything fully disclaimed.}---

Reply to
vjp2.at

In article , snipped-for-privacy@at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com says... :) I thought Meese was the plural of Moose? :) :) then they will need a bigger trap....

Reply to
Lar

No I didn't- see the line about the old towel tied to the chair. I think a lot of people have invented this independently- I learned it from my brother, the physics major who ended up working as an industrial engineer.

aem sends...

Reply to
ameijers

They're vermin for pity's sake, do not release them.

Reply to
wkearney99

That "thwock" sound you just heard all the way over where you are was me giving myself a "dope slap".

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

Reply to