My sewer got clogged while I was on vacation.

On various occasions over the past 30 years, I have had partial blockages in my sewer pipe which have caused the basement toilet to gurgle and bubble when the 2nd floor toilet is flushed. I snaked it out last year and have been flushing rock salt through the basement toilet to keep the roots at bay.

We went away for a week's vacation and when I came back I noticed that the basement toilet was bubbling and gurgling when the 2nd floor toilet was flushed. It had not done this before we left so I was kind of surprised.

I had resigned myself to the fact that I was going have to rent a power snake this weekend when the problem went away. It has not gurgled or bubbled for 2 days now.

I can only assume that things dried up while we were on vacation and the waste was not flowing as well as it should have. 3 days of use by

5 residents and things appear to be back to normal.

Interesting.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

DerbyDad03 wrote the following:

OK.

Reply to
willshak

I'd rent the power snake, regardless.

One time I helped clear a drain. Went to the cellar clean out. Used a cardboard tube from gosh knows what. Roll of wrapping paper, most likely. Poured a bunch of crystal Drano through the cardboard tube, so it would go into the center of the vertical stack pipe. Seemed to help.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Thank you for sharing...............................

Reply to
Steve B