My sewer got clogged while I was on vacation.

On various occasions over the past 30 years, I have had partial blockages in my sewer pipe which have caused the basement toilet to gurgle and bubble when the 2nd floor toilet is flushed. I snaked it out last year and have been flushing rock salt through the basement toilet to keep the roots at bay.
We went away for a week's vacation and when I came back I noticed that the basement toilet was bubbling and gurgling when the 2nd floor toilet was flushed. It had not done this before we left so I was kind of surprised.
I had resigned myself to the fact that I was going have to rent a power snake this weekend when the problem went away. It has not gurgled or bubbled for 2 days now.
I can only assume that things dried up while we were on vacation and the waste was not flowing as well as it should have. 3 days of use by 5 residents and things appear to be back to normal.
Interesting.
DerbyDad03 wrote the following:

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Thank you for sharing...............................