My patio is crumbling

Two years ago, I laid a flagstone patio on stone dust and filled the joints with mortar. That is, I dumped the mortar on dry, swept it into the joints with a broom and sprayed it with a hose.

Since then, the mortar seems to be flaking away. Both this spring and last, I started the year by sweeping away lots of little fragments of the stuff. The flagstones don't seem to have moved. Is there an obvious reason this is happening?

Thanks

Mark

Reply to
Gulph

well if you put the flagstone on a concrete base and then mixed up the mortor with water and mixed it correctly and then applied it to the flagstone and then used a squeege to put the motor into all the cracks and then used an acid to remove the stuff that got on the top of the flagstone and it did what you are complaining about then you would have a problem... but as you did it the mortor did not get a correct mix and it was weak to start with and flaked away.. and the bed you have it on is just sand and sand moves so you got what you can expect by doing it your way....

Reply to
jim

While I agree with most of your assessment I'm sending you a boatload of punctuation by private mail.

longest.sentence.ever.

gd&r,

Marc

Reply to
MrAoD

gee thanks for the grammer lesson.. just what i needed.. someone with nothing to say and knows how to say it.... you should run for public office...

Reply to
jim