My New Outlet wont work

My wife wanted a new outlet on the counter top for a food prosesseor she just bought. I went to home depot and bought a ivory colord outlet and a cover plate for it. I used some apoxy glue to glue the outlet to the wall to make sure it was tight. After it was dry I put on the cover plate. Wife was happy with new outlet but no electric comes out of it and the food prosesseor dont work. This is a brand new outlet so it should work.
What might be wrong?

The OP is in for a world of hurt. The new domestic safety and homeland security spy department knows who the OP is:)
As we type they are being reported to their homeowners insurance company, their rates will be going up by 5 times, and insurance will require a full blown holmes type inspection to keep coverage:) all safety and hazards must be fixed to keep coverage.
meanwhile the police will be knocking at his door such glaring safety issues must be addressed. Might endanger neighbors
CYS who protect kids will be removing them from their home, its for the kids sake.
The OP might as well get some jim jones kool aid, their situation is clearly that bad:(

Would that make it an eclectic outlet, not an electric outlet?
On 4/28/11 2:26 AM, thousand$ snipped-for-privacy@dotcom.com wrote:

I think you may have installed it upside down, and all the electrons fell out of the little hopper that holds them.
or you did not get the "wireless" version, which is of course quite expensive.
then there is the battery operated version, but the little "hearing aid" style batteries don't last very long.
The solar version doesn't work to well indoors, unless you shine a light on it.
I would trade in the food processor for a Water powered version. You put the little wheel under a faucet, and let 'er rip !!
;-0