My new high MPG pick-up "truck"...

Page 4 of 4

It is common knowledge to those of us who live in Texas that we do, indeed, have two distinct seasons: 1) January/February and 2) Summer. Or is it December/January and Summer? William Tecumseh Sherman was once quoted, "If I owned Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell." Or words to that effect.
--
"New Wave" Dave In Houston

On Tue, 06 Sep 2005 01:53:41 +0000, D. J. MCBRIDE wrote:

It's no different in NE, though we have three seasons; Winter, Deep Winter, and mud.
Q: What does a Vermonter do in the Summer? A: If it falls on Sunday, they have a picnic.

I know those who rent out the better place. More money. ;-)
--
Keith

You are a liar.
$9.00 worth of gas to fill a tank? No way.
That is probably about 3 gallons to a maximum of 3.5 gallons to fill half a tank. There are no hatchbacks in this country that only have a 6 to 7 gallon tank.

Who said the tank was empty? Or close to empty? Hell, I could go back to the gas station right now and fill up for about $3 !!

He said "half". If it was truly half a tank on any car, do the math.

I'm not being "scientific" about this in the least, and a car gas gauge is far from being an accurate instrument...
Anyway, I just looked it up and my tank holds 10 gallons (95 Ford Aspire). The needle was a little over half way full and my price of gas around $2.70. I have never paid more than $14.00 to fill up my car, the lowest gas gauge reading being 1/4 full. So I guess 1/4 full is closer to 1/2 full on my car gas gauge?
I live in a rural area and need to "go to town" to buy stuff. The "unscientific" bottom line is... -The last time I drove my 6 cylinder truck "to town", it cost $25 for a fill-up with the needle being at 1/2 (gas was around $2.59). -When I drive my car, it costs a lot less to fill-up.

Gas guages are not instruments in any reasonable interpretation of the word. Mine shows me getting 400km for the first half and about 200km in the second half. They are decorations on the dash that more or less tell you when you are running out of gas.
Mike

http://www.swapmeetdave.com/Humor/Workshop/Overload.htm

The wife has a Honda Element. It is one of the neatest little cars I've ever driven. I actully love it and am thinking that when the lease is up, I'll buy it and remove the rear seats and use it for hauling small stuff.
-- J.C.

You make a good point some may ridicule or scoff at.
Have been using an 88 VW Fox Wagon for toting alot of stuff on many projects here. If its less the 4' wide, no problem. Less wide stuff like 2X lumber, piping up to 10' in length sticking slightly out the open hatch. Toted 12 bags of concrete a few weeks ago, true low-rider. Tailpipe the street once, difficult/boat like steering in the process. 33 mpg hwy/ 26 city w/ no load onboard. Police give it a 2nd look when doing the lowrider or extended payload outback, but don't stop me.

Two words - roof rack.
Mike