My neighbors leaves

Or just beat the f--k out of him.......

Reply to
boxerdude

I got leaves in my yard from 7 neighbors trees. I return all of them. The big problem is that it's a full time job (with overtime on the weekends) to sort them all out so they go back to the correct neighbor. I rake them all up, take 7 trash bags and start sorting one by one. What a pain....

Reply to
alkeee

Depends where you live and what your interests are.

In New York, local property taxes pay for all kinds of things, from Medicaid to School Taxes. If you just want to live in your home, LOW property taxes are the objective. To achieve that, LOW property values are also the objective, since taxes are tied to property value. In New York, taxes are half or more of the monthly payment (in my town anyway). Invest the savings, and the property values are chump change in comparison!

If your neighbor spreads crack baggies around the area, thank them! Of course, the trick is to keep the neighborhood good and property values bad. Urgh!

Reply to
Chia Pet

Thanks. I was just about to say the same thing.

Reply to
Chia Pet

Mozilla man struck again!

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Well, if you get 200 or so opinions on usenet, that still won't change the situation. It will either justify you in your anger, or maybe tell you you're wrong, and then you'll be angry.

Stop wasting your time on the computer, and go push the neighbor's bell, and go express yourself. If that doesn't work, wait till he's gone.

Pussy, Next time your neighbor 'leaves' - rape his wife, kill his dog, pour antifreeze and drain cleaner in his fish tank, pile dog poop in front of his house and run it over with the snow blower (aim towards house) pile up the leaves around his house and set the whoe place on fire. When you're through with that, drown his cat in the pool, and put bent nails in the driveway. And then fire twelve or so rounds of rifle ammunition into his second story windows, and then tell him that he bloody good and well knows why you did all that, and you expect them raked up by tomorrow morning.

-- Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus

Stormin Mormon

I've been having to rake up neighbors' leaves for years. That's the way it works. Pat

Reply to
Patscga

no, not if the wind does it for him..............................

Reply to
rosie read and post

Alternatively, you could rape her husband.

Reply to
Carolyn Marenger

When I was a kid there was a neighbor who would scoop up his neighbors doggie poop off his front lawn and return it to its owners front porch.

Reply to
Adam Russell

Now, *that* I agree with!!

Reply to
Bruno The Magnificent

that's not the same situation. you can't help it if your tree's leaves fly all over the place, but you can certainly make sure your dog doesn't crap on your neighbor's lawn.

if some guy brought his dog in my front yard and left a present, I'd call the cops.

Reply to
j j

With some important exceptions, as I've been told by more than one lawyer and an insurance adjuster here in Taxachusetts.

If a tree which falls was dead or half rotted through, and located where your neighbor and his whole family would have to be blind not to have notice its condition, and especially if you had given them notice of your concern about its condition, then it's his responsibility, not G-d's.

And, as one lawyer told me, "Healthy trees hardly ever blow over, unless there's a hurricane."

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

Sure, I think they should. I not only rake my leaves off my neighbor's yard, I climb her roof and clean the crap out of her gutters, too - after all, it came from my tree. But nobody *has* to do this. It's just an annoyance to be endured in most situations of smaller yards and/or larger trees.

We've got a park just to the west of us, and every time the wind blows in the autumn we all get a shitload of leaves from the park blown into our yards. We don't call the city and demand they clean it up, we deal with it.

HellT

Reply to
Hell Toupee

I seem to recall a disclaimer clause about "mineral rights" in my deed. If oil is discovered under my property, or gold, or even 8,000-year-old Atlantean ruins, I don't get a penny. The original holders of the land grant do.

And, to a certain very limited point, you don't own the airspace over your property, either. Imagine what that would do to commercial (or military) air travel.

-chib

Reply to
chibiabos

True. In the first case your rights are modified by contract. In the second, it goes back to the principle of you only own what the king says you own.

Reply to
Chia Pet

Stormin Mormon Spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in :

Oh my! Someone got up on the wrong side of the bed, or is smoking some really harsh shit.

NOI

Reply to
Thund3rstruck