My Kenmor Elite Dryer will not run

My dryer will not stay on. I hit the start button and it sounds like it wants to start, I hear the motor, but will not start. Is it a motor or a relay switch?

Reply to
mochapup

open door try turning drum by hand.

belt may be broke or drum jammed.

Reply to
hallerb

Hi, You mean motor is running and drum is not turning? First thing to check would be belt; broken or jumped off pulley. What do you think? You can cheat door interlock switch for temporary.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Your post leaves lots to the imagination. What does trying to start mean? Does it start, then quit when you release the start switch? Or does it groan and never completely get going when you push the switch?

For the former...look at the evenheat control in the control panel.

For the latter...groaning during start indicates a bad motor. Replace it.

btw, if only a belt is broken, the dryer will either start and not turn drum (if there is no belt switch), or it will not start at all (if there is a belt switch).

Reply to
nospamtodd