My house was stolen

It's not uncommon for people to have small objects stolen. Jewelry, cash, tools, and electronics are at the top of the list. Even larger items such as cars, motorcycles, and furniture are stolen. But I have experienced the ultimate theft. Someone stole my house. When I left the house this morning I walked outdoors. locking the door as I left. When I returned home after work this evening, my home was gone. Everything was gone except a hole in the ground with a few pipes sticking out of the ground. Even my dog who was in the house is gone.

I immediately called the police, who said I should go sober up and hung up on me. After calling them four times they finally sent a squad over and they insisted that I was on the wrong block. After showing them my drivers license, they determined I was on the right block and said that they are not sure what to do about this, and will have to contact their superiors.

This was a 2800 sq. foot home with two levels, a full basement, and a deck. There was also a two car garage near the house, which is also gone. This was not the result of any severe weather or earthquake, nor a fire since no debris remains, and there were no storms, or other natural disasters in the region. There are not even any tire tracks on the lawn. The house and garage are just gone, along with all my furniture and other possessions. I asked the neighbors and they said they saw nothing unusual, but one of them said he noticed the house was missing around 1pm and was wondering what happened.

My insurance company refuses to make any comment, and said they do not know how to handle this matter and will have to work with police and contact their main office to determine a cause and a plan of action.

How can this happen? Where could my house go?

Larry

Reply to
larryjones2

it's obviously been abducted by aliens. (perhaps some of obama's friends). After you rebuild, put on a tin foil roof, they won't be able to see it then.

Reply to
Steve Barker

I remember seeing that on The Outer Limits or The Twilight Zone. The dog is probably in training to be a diplomat to Earth from the alien people.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

On the off-chance that this is not a joke:

Houses can certainly be moved.

It's hard to believe that no neighbors saw a thing. As you can see from the video, moving an entire house can attract quite a crowd.

But anyone sophisticated enough to pull off a theft like this would have no trouble bribing your neighbors to look the other way.

-- Steven L.

Reply to
Steven L.

This guy never got his back. I think the manfacturer gave him another one as a goodwill gesture. Maybe your builder would do the same....Paul :-)

Packratpaul

My house, including everything in it, was also stolen.

However, in my case, the thieves replaced everything with exact duplicates of the originals.

Sneaky, yet industrious.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Bank repo. Should have made the payments .

Reply to
WW