My house keeps exploding

Everytime I turn on a light switch anywhere in my house, the house explodes. I have a suspicion this is because of the leaking busted off gas pipe behind the stove. I heard that switches spark when they are turned on, so that's probably why the explosion happens. Where can I buy some sparkless switches? These explosions are getting on my nerves, so I'll just replace all the switches in the entire house.

Reply to
homeowner#1301174

Have you ever tried sticking you head in the oven with the gas turned on? Oh yea, blow out the pilot light first to avoid overcooking your brains. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

What you need is to increase the time between flipping the switches. Let the gas build up really good first.

Reply to
SG

Yes.. that will do it every time. There are no sparkless switches but here are switches that can be installed in sealed boxes that have less of a chance of causing ignition. I installed some in a auto body shop about 30 years ago.

Reply to
Steve Stone

They are called explosion proof devices. The enclosure is designed to contain the explosion not necessarily prevent it. You can tell because the switch housing has an external operating lever and the enclosure looks like it was built for a military tank. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

The impressive part is that the house keeps exploding. It evidently reassembles itself after each explosion. Maybe you could patent the technology. It would be really useful for hurricane/typhoon prone areas.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

No you're not...... Sorry, I'm NOT gay !!!!

Reply to
homeowner#1301174

Must be an abnormality in the SpaceTime continuum in you neighborhood. What Dr. Who fans know as a time rift.

Reply to
Steve Stone

Darn cell phones. They're not nearly as reliable as a good old fashioned phone booth.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Mouth-breathers should not be operating any type of switch.

Reply to
M.A. Stewart