My house keeps exploding

Everytime I turn on a light switch anywhere in my house, the house explodes. I have a suspicion this is because of the leaking busted off gas pipe behind the stove. I heard that switches spark when they are turned on, so that's probably why the explosion happens. Where can I buy some sparkless switches? These explosions are getting on my nerves, so I'll just replace all the switches in the entire house.
On 11/19/2011 4:47 AM, homeowner# snipped-for-privacy@home.com wrote:

Have you ever tried sticking you head in the oven with the gas turned on? Oh yea, blow out the pilot light first to avoid overcooking your brains. ^_^
TDD
homeowner# snipped-for-privacy@home.com wrote:

What you need is to increase the time between flipping the switches. Let the gas build up really good first.
On 11/19/2011 5:47 AM, homeowner# snipped-for-privacy@home.com wrote:

Yes.. that will do it every time. There are no sparkless switches but here are switches that can be installed in sealed boxes that have less of a chance of causing ignition. I installed some in a auto body shop about 30 years ago.
On 11/19/2011 1:25 PM, Steve Stone wrote:

They are called explosion proof devices. The enclosure is designed to contain the explosion not necessarily prevent it. You can tell because the switch housing has an external operating lever and the enclosure looks like it was built for a military tank. ^_^
TDD
The Daring Dufas ( snipped-for-privacy@stinky.net) writes:

Mouth-breathers should not be operating any type of switch.
homeowner# snipped-for-privacy@home.com wrote:

The impressive part is that the house keeps exploding. It evidently reassembles itself after each explosion. Maybe you could patent the technology. It would be really useful for hurricane/typhoon prone areas.

Must be an abnormality in the SpaceTime continuum in you neighborhood. What Dr. Who fans know as a time rift.

Darn cell phones. They're not nearly as reliable as a good old fashioned phone booth.
On Sat, 19 Nov 2011 08:30:55 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"

No you're not...... Sorry, I'm NOT gay !!!!