My house got robbed - what's a good place to buy a handgun?

You are probably correct. Just Google "Set guns" + "unlawful use of weapons" and you should find the link to the laws prohibiting same, if you need it. Only a complete moron (or someone looking to spend a long time in prison) would consider doing something like that in defense of property.

I'm still waiting to hear about the Chicago copper who shot two magazines full of 9mm into an offender's chest and was STILL strangled to death by the offender. Ripley's Believe It or Not! had nothing on it, nor did Snopes or Fantasy World. Just sayin'

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

"Pete C." wrote in news:L8b8w.481925$ snipped-for-privacy@fx08.iad:

also.

Who pissed in your Wheaties this morning?

Reply to
Doug Miller

I used to live where there were about 10 houses in a row on 1/2 acre lots. Next door neighbor had a dog that barked all the time. No one thought much of that barking dog when his house was broken into one night. The dog was outside the house in a fenced in area so he could not get to the burglers.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

In that scenario, it was the burglars that got charged.

Reply to
Pico Rico

Robert, you are basically correct. I live in Iowa and remember when this happened. You can read the details at

Don

Reply to
IGot2P

"The dog who barked wolf" (with respect to Aesop's Fables."

- . Christopher A. Young Learn about Jesus

.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Good thing the guy wasn't ohm.

- . Christopher A. Young Learn about Jesus

.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Oren posted for all of us...

+100 for this. People should learn to protect themselves. The gov't has no duty to do it. I encourage all women to arm themselves because poop happens to them.
Reply to
Tekkie®

Oren posted for all of us...

This is very good advice as each firearm has a different "feel" to it. Grips & angles & releases, so forth.

Reply to
Tekkie®

Walmart, of course.

Reply to
Steve Stone

Never forget, your weapon was made in China, as cheaply as possible to sell to consumers who don't know any better.

- . Christopher A. Young Learn about Jesus

.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

The 99% of dog owners who are irresponsible garbage and don't control their filthy, noisy, dangerous animals and destroy the quality of life in the whole neighborhood.

Reply to
Pete C.

So do you consider all dogs to be " filthy, noisy, dangerous animals " ? We have a dog , and she loves us unconditionally . And she is none of those things ... unless you come around in the middle of the night , then she is in fact noisy and dangerous .

Reply to
Terry Coombs

[snip]

"The more I know about people, the better I like my dog." -- Mark Twain

"If your dog doesn't like someone you probably shouldn't either."

--Unknown

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

Hi, So true!!!. I have a dog always since my childhood. That 99% should be

1%. Dogs are better and more loyal than some people for sure. There is no bad dogs, only bad owners.
Reply to
Tony Hwang

If you had to live next to a person that had a dog that barked 25 hours a day like I did you would have the same kind of attitude. I like dogs, but when a bad dog owner lets a dog bark like this one, it will turn you off of dogs.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

Yes. I think that all dogs should be banned, unconditionally and that includes pets, so called "service dogs", police/military dogs, etc. No exceptions.

Perhaps you are one of the 1% or so of dog owners who properly trains and contains their filthy, noisy, dangerous animals. Unfortunately the

99% do not. The 99% let their filthy, noisy, dangerous animals roam and crap on other people's property, attack children, bark 24x7 and destroy the quality of life for the whole neighborhood which is audio trespass as far as I'm concerned.
Reply to
Pete C.

The 99% should be 1% but it certainly isn't. The reality is that it is indeed far closer to 99% who fail to contain their filthy, noisy, dangerous animals. Keep your dogs and their noise pollution off my property.

Reply to
Pete C.

Absolutely. That and look at the news pretty much every day and find a story of a dog attack.

Reply to
Pete C.

I'm truly sorry you feel that way . I suspect you've had some really bad experiences ... nothing I can do to change your opinion .

Reply to
Terry Coombs