My Fridge is leaking ? why is this

every day I have to wipe out water off the inside of the floor of my fridge usually 2 dish cloths worth. What can be causing this is it sweating its a curse. the drip channel at the back is brown an mucky do I need a new fridge its fairly newish 3 yrs or so.

I await your exalted comments with the usual awe and marvel.

Phil of Whittlesey Peterborough A small piece of the Medieval theme park called England .

Reply to
PhilBoy

You have a clog in the path from the drip channel to the drip pan (on the bottom of the refrigerator). The water should flow to the drip pan where is gets evaporated. MLD

Reply to
MLD

Did you clean it the filters recently? If you let your fridge go for a while and never clean it, you will inevetibaly set the cooling level higher and higher as it gets less and less efficient. Then if you all of a sudden clean it, condesation will go way up and temp way down. Everytime you open the fridge, like 18 cu feet of humid air goes in, and as it chills, the water drops out.

Reply to
Elliott P

Check the drain and then the door gasket. Some gaskets can be checked by closing the door on a piece of thin paper and pulling the paper to see if it has drag. Be sure to check all four corners. If you open the door a lot you will collect more moisture as more "new" air will enter the box.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

com...

If this group ever has a FAQ section, this should be in there. It comes up every other week. If you have that much water every day, I doubt it's your gasket. You could practically leave the door open and I don't think that would happen. The drain is clogged. Very common problem. Look here:

Gerry

Reply to
Gerry Gardiner

I think you are right. It's a curse. Who have you angered lately?

the drip channel at the back is brown an

Reply to
mm

PhilBoy - The correct answer was given here by MLD, Big Al and Gerry. have you tried their advice? If you do not know what they are talking about then ask. If you tried it (Unclog the small drain at the low point of your moldy channel (Clean it while you are at it)) and your problem is solved then a thanks would be nice.

Reply to
No

Reply to
PhilBoy