My Fridge is leaking ? why is this

every day I have to wipe out water off the inside of the floor of my fridge usually 2 dish cloths worth. What can be causing this is it sweating <G> its a curse. the drip channel at the back is brown an mucky do I need a new fridge its fairly newish 3 yrs or so.
I await your exalted comments with the usual awe and marvel. <G>
Phil of Whittlesey Peterborough A small piece of the Medieval theme park called England .

You have a clog in the path from the drip channel to the drip pan (on the bottom of the refrigerator). The water should flow to the drip pan where is gets evaporated. MLD
Did you clean it the filters recently? If you let your fridge go for a while and never clean it, you will inevetibaly set the cooling level higher and higher as it gets less and less efficient. Then if you all of a sudden clean it, condesation will go way up and temp way down. Everytime you open the fridge, like 18 cu feet of humid air goes in, and as it chills, the water drops out.
Check the drain and then the door gasket. Some gaskets can be checked by closing the door on a piece of thin paper and pulling the paper to see if it has drag. Be sure to check all four corners. If you open the door a lot you will collect more moisture as more "new" air will enter the box.
Al
com...

If this group ever has a FAQ section, this should be in there. It comes up every other week. If you have that much water every day, I doubt it's your gasket. You could practically leave the door open and I don't think that would happen. The drain is clogged. Very common problem. Look here:
http://fridgedoctor.com/frequently-asked-questions/moisture-and-water-problems/cause-of-water-under-the-crispers.html
Gerry
On 5 Apr 2006 08:15:11 -0700, "PhilBoy"

I think you are right. It's a curse. Who have you angered lately?
the drip channel at the back is brown an

PhilBoy - The correct answer was given here by MLD, Big Al and Gerry. have you tried their advice? If you do not know what they are talking about then ask. If you tried it (Unclog the small drain at the low point of your moldy channel (Clean it while you are at it)) and your problem is solved then a thanks would be nice.

Why do I have to listen to this SNOT !. I've been told thanks mail is not appreciated as the pay by the minute brigade have to download loads of thanks messages.
So piss off mr smartarse
PhilBoy