my french drain leaves large puddles whats wrong

i did a french drain in my yard but i have giant puddles of water now
jerseygirl wrote:

Next time use an English drain. ...or, give us more information.
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
On 8/10/2013 1:16 PM, bob haller wrote:

Obviously to a giant puddle ;)
On 8/10/2013 11:44 AM, jerseygirl wrote:

Did you actually do a French drain or just dig a holding pit w/ some gravel? Sounds like the latter; the water has to go somewhere and if there's no outlet and the volume isn't large enough to accommodate the accumulation until it can percolate, then you'll end up w/ standing water.

jerseygirl wrote:

Maybe your soil is soaking wet already. {I mean saturated with water near 100%}