My engine needs to be changed

My mechanic told me that my engine is bad and needs to be replaced. The cost is more than I paid for the car. Can I avoid the cost by just changing one of the tires instead of the engine?

Reply to
david_morone

Actually, you only need to replace the lug nuts on the wig-wag assembly.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Try some BillyBobs liqued engine rebuild and Tire Goo to fix the tires.

Reply to
ransley

Consider replacing the Finnegan pin, only with battery disconnected and all brake fluid purged.

Carefully pour one bucket of steam over entire engine, pick up car, and shake gently for half hour.

Reply to
Steve Stone

Have you considered a brain transplant?

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

PLONK!

Reply to
Bob F

I think what needs replacing is the lug behind the steering wheel.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

You only need a new set of muffler bearings.

Reply to
JohnR66

Just put in a can of antiseize.

Reply to
Claude Hopper

Muffler bearings are not that expensive.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

david snipped-for-privacy@firefighter.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

That won't work. But check Billy Mays' site for Mighty Motor.

Reply to
Red Green

Jack the horn up and put a new car under it.

Reply to
clare

No, the lug that HOLDS the steering wheel.

Reply to
clare

The short answer is yes, you can just change the tire. I recently had a similar problem and had to perform the same procedure, changing the tire.

However, you must change only the right front, then inflate it properly. You must inflate using human air, not from a service station.

Remember to blow hard, as I'm sure you know.

Reply to
trailer

I had to correct an old girlfriend about that once.

Goddamit, suck, don't BLOW.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB