My electricity is broke

Alternate title-- This could only happen to me

A corner of the basement of this 1937 hovel is still the original 2 wire.

My ten cent circuit tester suggested electricity was flowing to the original fixture, but the fixture registered zip on my old analog meter, so in my infinite wisdom I replaced it, w/o metering the wires themselves.

According to family custom I've allowed several days for the problem to fix itself, but power seems to have forsaken that termination.

Other terminations on that circuit remain operable.

W T F ? -----

- gpsman

Reply to
gpsman

More info is helpful. Fixture =3D lamp? outlet? Position of 'fixture' in circuit? First, middle, last? Old backstabber outlets are common problems leading to your observed results. Have faith...you are not alone.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

Trust the analog meter. It showed you that the circuit could not supply enough microamps to move the dial. Probably a bad connection.

Reply to
J Burns