My DeWalt 9.6 And Saving $$$

Most of us know that Black and Decker is the low end of DeWalt . I buy the battery for the B&D 9.6V and cut the keys off that keep it from going into the charger and drill. There are 2 areas that need to be removed: 1 above the battery compartment and 1 at the top. I have been doing this for more than 2 years and it saves about half the cash.

bob

Reply to
Bob Villa

This is correct, sir!

Reply to
Bob Villa

There are quality batteries and there are cheap batteries, and I bet B&D and dewalt are not the same brand, You probably have Sanyo in dewalt, go price generics vs Sanyos or Panasonic, or read new reviews to compare runtimes of the two, maybe 1/2 price is overall a better deal for you, consider rebuilding them there are a few places that do real quality work for much less than new.

Reply to
ransley

What happens if you want your Dewalt battery to look like an elephant?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

blah,blah, blah! This is free info...you do as you like!

Reply to
Bob Villa

Use a Dremel tool?

Reply to