My DeWalt 9.6 And Saving $$$

Most of us know that Black and Decker is the low end of DeWalt . I buy the battery for the B&D 9.6V and cut the keys off that keep it from going into the charger and drill. There are 2 areas that need to be removed: 1 above the battery compartment and 1 at the top. I have been doing this for more than 2 years and it saves about half the cash.
bob
Add pictures here
✖
So, you hold them next to a Dewalt battery, and remove anything that doesn't look like a Dewalt battery?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

This is correct, sir!
Add pictures here
✖
What happens if you want your Dewalt battery to look like an elephant?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Use a Dremel tool?
Add pictures here
✖

There are quality batteries and there are cheap batteries, and I bet B&D and dewalt are not the same brand, You probably have Sanyo in dewalt, go price generics vs Sanyos or Panasonic, or read new reviews to compare runtimes of the two, maybe 1/2 price is overall a better deal for you, consider rebuilding them there are a few places that do real quality work for much less than new.
Add pictures here
✖

blah,blah, blah! This is free info...you do as you like!
Add pictures here
✖

Not to smart are you.
Add pictures here