My crappy new washing machine

Page 5 of 9

On Sep 19, 11:28 am, " snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz"

How do you do pre-soaking of a large load. Does water cover all the clothes. The GE one only puts a 2 inch puddle on the bottom.
Add pictures here
✖

== You must have your settings all screwed up or your controls are faulty. Better READ the user's manual...you must have done something wrong. No manufacturer could be so inept as to make a machine with the characteristics you describe.
If this doesn't help ask your dealer to come by and personally check out the situation.
I wouldn't put up with a crappy machine for one minute. ==
Add pictures here
✖
On Sun, 19 Sep 2010 11:04:15 -0700 (PDT), RickH

Infusorhttp://www.geconsumerproducts.com/pressroom/press_releases/appliances...Hide quoted text -

The same way you do it in any other machine. Yes, the level adjusts all the way to the "top", just like any other top-loader.
Add pictures here
✖
On Sep 19, 4:52 pm, " snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz"

No, the manual specifically says the clothes will be dry at the beginning because only a small amount of water will be at bottom of the drum. Then the clothes eventually settle into, what I like to call, "that mud puddle". Even when set on super size water level and two rinses so little water is used that the dirt simply does not leave and the clothes at the top of the pile dont even start getting wet until 10 minutes into the cycle. Pre-soaking is not a capability either, because that would involve allowing the drum to actually fill with water. So I cant pre-soak my greasy pants after I work on the car, glad the kids are not in diapers that would truly be a nightmare with this machine.
Add pictures here
✖
On Sun, 19 Sep 2010 18:19:24 -0700 (PDT), RickH

Infusorhttp://www.geconsumerproducts.com/pressroom/press_releases/appliances...quoted text -

I think you're misunderstanding.

Add pictures here
✖

== LIke I told you in a prior post...your controls are FAULTY or your settings are incorrectly programmed. Have you even checked to see if the water hose valves are even fully opened and clear of silt, etc.?
Get someone with expertise to check this machine out...there is something fishy here. ==
Add pictures here
✖

Infusorhttp://www.geconsumerproducts.com/pressroom/press_releases/appliances...text -
All front loaders tend to get that fishy smell. It's a well known issue.
Add pictures here
✖

=LIke I told you in a prior post...your controls are FAULTY or your settings are incorrectly programmed. Have you even checked to see if the water hose valves are even fully opened and clear of silt, etc.?
Get someone with expertise to check this machine out...there is something fishy here. = The machine may actually be working as designed, although his observations sound absurd. But in order for him to have any kind of a case against GE, it would be a good idea to arrange for a service call while the thing is under warranty. This way, someone else can document their observations.
Add pictures here
✖
On Sun, 19 Sep 2010 05:53:17 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

Infusorhttp://www.geconsumerproducts.com/pressroom/press_releases/appliances ...- Hide quoted text -

electronic controls that always break.
Add pictures here
✖

Confirming, yes it's these models.
Clothes still smell like sweat (son is in football, I work out, wife works out) and whites do not get white, neither do stains come out, or even the gray look to sock bottoms. Also pre-soaking is totally out of the question because washer does not fill up enough to even cover the clothes. Also the soap powder does not fully dissolve (not enough water to do that) I switched to liquid soap but all of the above issues are still there. Tries more soap tried less soap, tried everything, the basic issue here is not enough water to do much of anything. They look impressive and roomy for the price, but they are pieces of crap. I'm not going to resort to using scented soap as that is just a cover up, and neither the wife or I like scented soap.
I have never been so disappointed in a purchase in my life, GE has stonewalled me for returns, they are even stone walling the store who is trying to get them to take it back and re-sell it in their outlet. I wil probably try to sell it for $100 in the local classifieds, then go buy a normal washing machine and eat the loss.
Add pictures here
✖
On 9/19/2010 9:44 AM, RickH wrote:

Infusorhttp://www.geconsumerproducts.com/pressroom/press_releases/appliances ...- Hide quoted text -

Does your area have any of the investigative TV reporters who pursue fraud etc? It may be tough to get them interested since GE is a big supporter of liberals and owns the most liberal network NBC.
I think I would start with whatever your local version of small claims court is and file a complaint against GE that they defrauded you by selling a unit that is unfit for use. At least in my state GE would need to send one of their $500/hour lawyers to defend themselves or you would get a default judgment.
Add pictures here
✖

I'm not happy with GE right now myself. I recently bought a washing machine model number WLSR2010KWW after researching it, and the specs say it comes with a fabric softener dispenser, but there isn't one, or the part is missing. Went back to Lowe's where I purchased it, and they called GE. GE said they would fed-ex the dispenser, they did fed-ex a part that was already there, an agitator cap, not the dispenser. I'm beginning to think that there is no fabric softener dispenser at all. I have emailed and called them myself to no avail. Last GE appliance I buy.
Cheri
Add pictures here
✖

Does the fabric softener go in the agitator cap? I've had washing machines that have similar "dispensers". Basically, the "centrifugal force" throws (some of) it out during the spin cycle. Of course, the rinse water doesn't flow through the cap so it's left a sticky mess, but it's a cheap solution.
Add pictures here
✖
On 9/19/2010 1:03 PM, snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:

Never used softener, never plan to. Don't like the thought of infusing my undies and socks and such with chemical residue, even if I didn't suffer from allergies so bad that I have to hunt down Cheer Free or similar to wash my clothes in. When I lived in the 1st apartment here in town, and had to share a laundry room, if the person before me left a dryer sheet in the dryer and I didn't notice, I had to rewash the clothes.
I don't want my clothes to smell 'fresh' or 'springtime'. I don't want them to smell like anything. I figured out that with soft water, you can use like 1/3 as much soap as they recommend on the jug, and it all actually rinses out, and the fabric does not feel stiff or irritate the skin. I think a lot of people think they need softener because their clothes are still full of dried soap. And yes, they do get clean. Past a certain threshold point, adding more soap does not help.
-- aem sends...
Add pictures here
✖

I probably wouldn't either, but SWMBO doesn't like "static cling". I don't care about the "nasty chemicals", but don't like the lower absorbency of "softened" fabric.

Sure, but softener does make clothes feel softer and it certainly does cut down on static. It's what was originally used to coat electronics parts packaging. ;-)
Add pictures here
✖

I know what you mean, my old Amana had one of those, it plugged up often, but this one has nothing at all.
Cheri
Add pictures here
✖

The one in our old one (can't remember the brand, even) was just a hat that sat on the agitator. No holes at all; the softener spun out over the top of the rim on the stupid thing.
Add pictures here
✖

Page 8 of the owners manula describes and illustrates the fabric softner dispenser. It says some models have it and some don't. Your model says it has it in the advertising. Looks like it is just a different agitator cap. Maybe take the manula with you to Lowes and show them the picture.
http://products.geappliances.com/MarketingObjectRetrieval/Dispatcher?RequestType=PDF&NameI-90319.PDF
Add pictures here
✖

http://products.geappliances.com/MarketingObjectRetrieval/Dispatcher?RequestType=PDF&NameI-90319.PDF Thank you Salty, I printed the picture out and am taking it to Lowe's today.
Cheri
Add pictures here
✖

This was my reply from GE customer care. I do appreciate that they are looking into it, and so is Lowe's, but the first response from GE said that Lowe's specs were off and that they didn't believe that model came with a dispenser. I emailed the site, their (GE site where the specs are for this model) and received this response. It makes no sense at all to me. What does it mean?
"Hi, Ms.________ Yes, I see that it is listed as coming with a fabric softener dispenser on our site as well. The only trouble will be finding a model that is the same as this one but that truly does have a fabric softener dispenser so that we can send you the one that comes on that model. There are different part numbers for fabric softener dispensers, depending upon the model that they fit. The key will be to find a washer that uses the same agitator as your model but that has the dispenser rather than the agitator cap. If we can find that, then we'll know which dispenser to send you. Hopefully Research will be back to me within a day or so with the appropriate part number. But I'll let you know."
Add pictures here
✖