My crappy new washing machine

Page 3 of 9

On 09/19/2010 06:01 PM, snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

Not nit-picky. You should thank him. I do.
On Sun, 19 Sep 2010 18:38:22 -0500, Matt

nit-picky
On 09/19/2010 06:43 PM, snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

If it doesn't matter where the company is located, then it was nit-picky of you to mention its location in the first place.
On Sun, 19 Sep 2010 18:55:32 -0500, Matt

Okay, I admit it... You are a complete moron. Maybe throw in "anal retentive" as well.

Call it what you want. I personally like to have accurate information even if others deem it trivial . If I'm wrong, I appreciate a correction so I don't continue to propagate an untruth.
That may or may not be of interest to you. OTOH, if you wanted to visit the factory showroom, you'd really be PO'd when the plane landed and you were in Europe.
On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 22:51:17 -0400, "Ed Pawlowski"

Oh, brother!
On 09/21/2010 05:43 AM, snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

The proper response was: "Hey, this is Usenet. Facts and truth are secondary to having a good time and being able to say anything you want without anybody caring much. Correcting somebody's errors of fact on Usenet is like pointing out their spelling or punctuation errors."

I don't see it that way. We all make typos and the occasional spelling or punctuation error. I'd never bother with correcting them, but if someone says the sky is red or the capitol of New York is Syracuse, it should be corrected.
The real issue here is a bruised ego.

Isn't it, always? ;)
nb
On 09/22/2010 04:59 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Yes. I was being sarcastic.
snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

Fisher & Paykel Appliances is a New Zealand company (not European) that started out by distributing Maytag appliances, licensed Kelvinator in 1938 to get around import tarrifs and grew into cabinets, sparkplugs and televisions.
In other words, your generic consumer products manufacturer.

You need to look a little futher than Wikipedia, if you want to look like you really know anything.
On Sun, 19 Sep 2010 05:53:17 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

Infusorhttp://www.geconsumerproducts.com/pressroom/press_releases/appliances ...- Hide quoted text -

We've have a Whirlpool Cabrio agitatorless top-loader for a few years with no problems, other than it has to be run empty, with bleach, periodically. We bought it because the front-loaders had a miserable long-term reliability record and were betting on this top-loader being a good trade-off. So far we're happy with it.
On 9/19/2010 11:28 AM, snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:

Infusorhttp://www.geconsumerproducts.com/pressroom/press_releases/appliances ...- Hide quoted text -

I'm a wondering how the front loaders could have "long-term reliability records" when they haven't been out a long time. LMAO!!
Steve Barker
Steve Barker wrote: ...

Only uncommon in US markets; they've been around for quite a long time elsewhere (like 50 years, anyway that I'm aware of...)
There was even a "mini-bubble" of attempted to make them popular in the US in the 60/70s...(19's, not 18's :) ).

They've always been popular in laundromats. I recall seeing them quite often ever since the 50s. In fact, it's only in the last 10-20 yrs I've seen top-loaders dominate in laundromats.
nb

It's true according to them, whoever they are. :-)

So it's up to the buyer to use the right tool for the job, those SOBs at GE

Steve... I worked on front loaders in the 1950 era. Were made by Westinghouse and Bendix..Also GE and Whirlpool had front loaders that were combination washer and dryer. One drum did it all. However you had to finish complete cycle before you started 2nd load of wash . Like you could do with separate appliances..WW
On 9/19/2010 3:40 PM, WW wrote:

Well i thought the reference was to the new generation of front loaders. Yes, i remember the front loaders of the 60's. We had one. My uncle had to come over about once a year to replace the boot around the door. Those used a lot more water than the new ones now-a-days.
--
Steve Barker