My crappy new washing machine

Voids the warranty here, even if you buy a 5 year service plan.

Reply to
The Henchman

Infusor

Steve... I worked on front loaders in the 1950 era. Were made by Westinghouse and Bendix..Also GE and Whirlpool had front loaders that were combination washer and dryer. One drum did it all. However you had to finish complete cycle before you started 2nd load of wash . Like you could do with separate appliances..WW

Reply to
WW

Try selling it for $200 to somebody whose clothes never get very dirty :-) That was probably the assumption of the dimwit designers anyway.

Very snappy review, by the way.

Reply to
Matt

How positively Chinese of you.

Kook. Trees are perfectly renewable.

...and let them starve to death. How humane.

Reply to
krw

If it weren't for IMMAGRANTS we'd be losing ground. You leftist nutjobs never could understand the concept of ILLEGAL.

Reply to
krw

Infusor

quoted text -

Totally clueless.

Reply to
krw

Look for different detergents and see if one works better.

We have a WP Duet and it doesn't work well with low phosphates detergents. But, of course, fish don't like phosphates and algae does.

Jim

Reply to
JimT

Infusor

text -

The same way you do it in any other machine. Yes, the level adjusts all the way to the "top", just like any other top-loader.

Reply to
krw

Infusor

Why don't you explain it to those of us who are clueless?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

This is a top loader, yes I agree front loaders dont need an agitator and they do a great job.l Wish I had a front loader but they are also

50% more costly.

===

ehh... it's hard to beat an old Kenmore quality top loader for cleanliness. Side loaders do alright with the right detergents and some not so.

Jim

Reply to
JimT

Infusor

I wonder what would happen if the purchaser told the retailer that he was planning to take the retailer to small claims court if he won't give a refund. I would expect that the retailer knew too that there were problems with the model. The retailer chose to be a GE retailer along with all that that implies.

Reply to
Matt

Infusor

I probably wouldn't either, but SWMBO doesn't like "static cling". I don't care about the "nasty chemicals", but don't like the lower absorbency of "softened" fabric.

Sure, but softener does make clothes feel softer and it certainly does cut down on static. It's what was originally used to coat electronics parts packaging. ;-)

Reply to
krw

The one in our old one (can't remember the brand, even) was just a hat that sat on the agitator. No holes at all; the softener spun out over the top of the rim on the stupid thing.

Reply to
krw

Infusor

At least you now admit that you're totally clueless. Acceptance is the first step.

Reply to
krw

Infusor

Two (counteracting) arguments here.

- Sue everyone and let the gods (or courts) figure it out.

- By suing the retailer, the retailer is very unlikely to let on that there is something wrong with the model, even if he knows there is.

Reply to
krw

Infusor

Thank you for confessing that you are completely unable to explain your "totally clueless" comment, addressed to Steve Barker.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Infusor

quoted text -

Yes. it does a great job. I've had one for about 10 years. About 2 years ago the pump developed a drip and failed. Bought a new pump from the dealer for $68 and installed it in 15 minutes using NO tools. The thing is an engineering marvel. It's very different, but in a good way.

It even does the 1000rpm final spin dry like a front loader that leaves the clothes barely damp. That means the dryer runs far less, which really saves some electricity.

Reply to
salty

Golly gee Molly. Florida stopped allowing the killing of alligators years ago. Said they were endangered. The gators came back like gang-busters. Often found in pools or sunning on the lawns. Folks were soon up to their knees in gators.

Ever watch Swamp People on the History Channel? Folks would be unemployed if they could not hunt gators. It's a way life in Louisiana.

Reply to
Oren

Awfully nit-picky, Ed. They have been around since the 1930's and are well known. The obvious point I was making was that they were not some new, untested company.

Reply to
salty

You need to look a little futher than Wikipedia, if you want to look like you really know anything.

Reply to
salty