My crappy new washing machine

Page 1 of 9

We've owned a GE "Infusion" agitatorless "energy saving" washing machine for about 2 months now. I have not had fully clean clothes for about 2 months. These things are a piece of crap, they use about a gallon of water so the clothes basically slosh around in a small mud puddle, never getting fully clean. Forget about getting out tough stains, also clothes have an odor as they never fully rinse (not enough water) the rinse cycle is another small mud puddle. The washer does not even fill enough to wet all the clothes until after 10 minutes of running. They enclosed a large yellow warning in the manual that this is "normal", bullshit, they're just covering their asses on complaints. I called the GE consumer line and the guy told me flat out nobody is happy with these washers.
I'm just warning others thinking of getting one of the GE agitatorless washers. Stick with the tried and true, get the agitator and one that uses a lot of water if you want it to, get a Whirlpool with mechanical controls. Just trying to save someone else the headache and money.
Maybe if you live in a desert, but I'm in the Great Lakes, I dont need to conserve water to this extent water's practically free here. These washers have set things back to beating clothes on a rock.
I should have read the reviews first, they are not good, I'm not the only one having dirty clothes all the time.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Another crappy product brought to you by the environmentalist idiots who brought you the crappy CFL light bulbs
Add pictures here
βœ–
Molly Brown wrote:

So why are there so many other top-loading washers that work fine, both those with and without agitators, that the government (!) allows to be sold?
CFLs work great, unless you buy crap. The Home Depot ones are cheap and warranted for 9 years.
Appliance repair forums at:
www.Appliance411.com www.FixItNow.com www.ApplianceJunk.com
Add pictures here
βœ–
Another crappy product brought to you by the environmentalist idiots who brought you the crappy CFL light bulbs
==================== Are there any environmental issues with which you agree? If yes, name one or more.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Yes, 1. Stop having more than two children per couple. Make it the law. 2. Don’t cut down trees. build houses out of concrete and steel. 3. Stop all hunting of animals unless they’re not a native to their environment
Add pictures here
βœ–

While I don't disagree with the number, I do disagree on how to achieve it. Government should not be in people's bedrooms.

Trees are renewable. Forests should be managed as a crop, just like a vegetable garden. Plant what you reap like the paper industry finally learned to do. Yes, some old growth should be left alone.

Nature is way out of balance on some animals. What is hunted should be for food, not for the "fun" of killing. We've eliminated many natural predators over the last couple of centuries. Education and management is what is needed.
Add pictures here
βœ–
wrote

Please provide an example (using this "two kids per couple" issue) of how government might be "in people's bedrooms".
Add pictures here
βœ–

The alternatives to child #3 are:
1. Don't have sex. 2. Mutilate your reproductive organs, either by having a vasectomy or having your tubes tied (gender-dependent, of course). 3. Use contraceptives.
All three are a direct effect of a government law limiting you to two children. All three have an effect on what goes on in the bedroom, either physically or psychologically.
By extension, this is government in people's bedrooms.
Add pictures here
βœ–

The alternatives to child #3 are:
1. Don't have sex. 2. Mutilate your reproductive organs, either by having a vasectomy or having your tubes tied (gender-dependent, of course). 3. Use contraceptives.
All three are a direct effect of a government law limiting you to two children. All three have an effect on what goes on in the bedroom, either physically or psychologically.
By extension, this is government in people's bedrooms.
======== Luckily, your examples are fictional, at least in the USA.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Sep 21, 1:55 pm, snipped-for-privacy@rochester.rr.com wrote:

Vasectomy didn't seem to affect what went on in our bedroom, except for a gratifying sense of relief. Everything appears to be working as well as ever.
Cindy Hamilton
Add pictures here
βœ–
Vasectomy didn't seem to affect what went on in our bedroom, except for a gratifying sense of relief. Everything appears to be working as well as ever.
Cindy Hamilton
========== +1
Cheri
Add pictures here
βœ–

Good for you, but it was not a government mandate. Nor should it ever be.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Yes, 1. Stop having more than two children per couple. Make it the law. 2. Don’t cut down trees. build houses out of concrete and steel. 3. Stop all hunting of animals unless they’re not a native to their environment
========== Very interesting. Now, what makes other people's environmental concerns less valid than yours? Focus specifically on washing machines and CFL bulbs.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 9/19/2010 2:38 PM, JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

I guess all that energy to make that steel is so "green" also. LMMFAO!! these people are a joke, joe.
--
Steve Barker
βœ–

Completely unnecessary. The birth rate is already lower than that in many developed countries.

Oh, *there's* a good idea: use non-renewable resources in preference to renewable ones. So *very* environmentally friendly.

Another wonderful idea. So we shouldn't hunt whitetail deer here in the Midwest, where their population is out of control? And nobody should be allowed to hunt mountain lions in the Southwest, where they stalk *humans*?
Obviously you haven't thought *any* of these ideas through.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Yeah. The last I heard, if it weren't for the illegals, we'd be losing ground.
nb
Add pictures here
βœ–

If it weren't for IMMAGRANTS we'd be losing ground. You leftist nutjobs never could understand the concept of ILLEGAL.
Add pictures here
βœ–

FWIW, I don't think "nutbob" is a "leftist nutjob". He's just a nutjob, period.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Tue, 21 Sep 2010 02:14:02 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

Nutbob is a nutjob, for sure. He sure seems to be left of sanity (or has left his sanity).
Add pictures here
βœ–
Doug Miller wrote:

I'm sure she has and, if asked, would put forth the perfectly sensible (to her) solution of moving the excess deer from the Midwest to mountain lion coutry in the Southwest.
Add pictures here
βœ–