My crappy new washing machine

We've owned a GE "Infusion" agitatorless "energy saving" washing machine for about 2 months now. I have not had fully clean clothes for about 2 months. These things are a piece of crap, they use about a gallon of water so the clothes basically slosh around in a small mud puddle, never getting fully clean. Forget about getting out tough stains, also clothes have an odor as they never fully rinse (not enough water) the rinse cycle is another small mud puddle. The washer does not even fill enough to wet all the clothes until after 10 minutes of running. They enclosed a large yellow warning in the manual that this is "normal", bullshit, they're just covering their asses on complaints. I called the GE consumer line and the guy told me flat out nobody is happy with these washers.

I'm just warning others thinking of getting one of the GE agitatorless washers. Stick with the tried and true, get the agitator and one that uses a lot of water if you want it to, get a Whirlpool with mechanical controls. Just trying to save someone else the headache and money.

Maybe if you live in a desert, but I'm in the Great Lakes, I dont need to conserve water to this extent water's practically free here. These washers have set things back to beating clothes on a rock.

I should have read the reviews first, they are not good, I'm not the only one having dirty clothes all the time.

Reply to
RickH

Another crappy product brought to you by the environmentalist idiots who brought you the crappy CFL light bulbs

Reply to
Molly Brown

Thank you.

Some of these words _may_ apply:

WPR815OK WPRE615OK CEE Tier II WPR815OK WHRE55OK PerfecTemp CEE Tier I GE General Electric GE Profile? Topload Washer Infusor RainShower SpeedWash HydroWave with Infusor

Matt

So why are there so many other top-loading washers that work fine, both those with and without agitators, that the government (!) allows to be sold?

CFLs work great, unless you buy crap. The Home Depot ones are cheap and warranted for 9 years.

Appliance repair forums at:

larry moe 'n curly

I didn;t even know these existed. I thought all top loaders used an agitator and the only washers that did not were front-loaders. The front-loaders work with far less water and energy, but they cost significantly more. I guess this shows the risk when you buy something that isn't tried and proven. Surprising GE would sell them if they perform so poorly. Anyone else make them? Thanks for the heads up

Reply to
trader4

Infusor

quoted text -

Fisher & Paykel top loaders have all the energy saving of a front loader at about half the price. They are an old and reliable European company known for their engineering and high quality that started marketing in the US in the past 20 years.

Reply to
salty

Confirming, yes it's these models.

Clothes still smell like sweat (son is in football, I work out, wife works out) and whites do not get white, neither do stains come out, or even the gray look to sock bottoms. Also pre-soaking is totally out of the question because washer does not fill up enough to even cover the clothes. Also the soap powder does not fully dissolve (not enough water to do that) I switched to liquid soap but all of the above issues are still there. Tries more soap tried less soap, tried everything, the basic issue here is not enough water to do much of anything. They look impressive and roomy for the price, but they are pieces of crap. I'm not going to resort to using scented soap as that is just a cover up, and neither the wife or I like scented soap.

I have never been so disappointed in a purchase in my life, GE has stonewalled me for returns, they are even stone walling the store who is trying to get them to take it back and re-sell it in their outlet. I wil probably try to sell it for $100 in the local classifieds, then go buy a normal washing machine and eat the loss.

Reply to
RickH

I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to know that any top loader without an agitator is going to be worthless. And ONE gallon of water?? Are you serious? Our front loader uses 14 and i thought that was skimping a bit.

Reply to
Steve Barker

Infusor

quoted text -

I wouldn't expect anything less from GE.

Does your area have any of the investigative TV reporters who pursue fraud etc? It may be tough to get them interested since GE is a big supporter of liberals and owns the most liberal network NBC.

I think I would start with whatever your local version of small claims court is and file a complaint against GE that they defrauded you by selling a unit that is unfit for use. At least in my state GE would need to send one of their $500/hour lawyers to defend themselves or you would get a default judgment.

Reply to
George

Infusor

quoted text -

but do they get the clothes clean? That is the bottom line.

Reply to
Steve Barker

Infusor

quoted text -

when you do that, think Whirlpool duet. (no steam). You won't be disappointed.

Reply to
Steve Barker

wrote

Close, but not quite. They do have an operation in Italy making cooking appliances and own DCS in the US.

The origins of the company and present headquarters are in New Zealand and Australia They did not start exporting to the US and Europe until the

1980s.
Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Are you using the proper laundry soap? Serious question.

We have this machine

It's fantastic. 16 gallons per full load. It takes about 1 hour to do a load but clothes come out almost dry and clean. Dryer rarely has to work at all.

But there is so much electronics that you have to use a non-suds soap like "he" types. Sudsy soaps screw up all the sensors.

Here is a quick read-up on HE soap:

Costco, at least in Canada sells it the cheapest per load. Our local appliance store sells it to and their price is maybe 2 cents a load more.

Reply to
The Henchman

This should have read really clean and almost dry... : ). All our loads to date have been clean. And I work in a factory wearing heavy, sweaty clothes.

Reply to
The Henchman

Fisher & Paykel Appliances is a New Zealand company (not European) that started out by distributing Maytag appliances, licensed Kelvinator in 1938 to get around import tarrifs and grew into cabinets, sparkplugs and televisions.

In other words, your generic consumer products manufacturer.

Reply to
Robert Neville

This is not even new technology. There were agitatorless washers on the mkt 60 yrs ago. I came by a used one back in the late 70s. I ditched it after a few months, it never getting clothes clean.

It's unfortunate that GE has sunk so low. They used to make excellent products. They made one of the best clock radios ever produced in the late 50s. Mine lasted 20 yrs and I was still seeing like models in

2nd hand shops 10 yrs later. Likewise a toaster. My last washer was a GE toploaders and would outclean any other washer on the mkt, top or frontloader. If I ever buy another washer/dryer set, I'll look for a used set like I had.

nb

Reply to
notbob

Another crappy product brought to you by the environmentalist idiots who brought you the crappy CFL light bulbs

=====================

Are there any environmental issues with which you agree? If yes, name one or more.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Infusor

quoted text -

We've have a Whirlpool Cabrio agitatorless top-loader for a few years with no problems, other than it has to be run empty, with bleach, periodically. We bought it because the front-loaders had a miserable long-term reliability record and were betting on this top-loader being a good trade-off. So far we're happy with it.

Reply to
krw

Spoken from ignorance.

Our Whirlpool Cabrio works quite well.

Reply to
krw

Infusor

I'm not happy with GE right now myself. I recently bought a washing machine model number WLSR2010KWW after researching it, and the specs say it comes with a fabric softener dispenser, but there isn't one, or the part is missing. Went back to Lowe's where I purchased it, and they called GE. GE said they would fed-ex the dispenser, they did fed-ex a part that was already there, an agitator cap, not the dispenser. I'm beginning to think that there is no fabric softener dispenser at all. I have emailed and called them myself to no avail. Last GE appliance I buy.

Cheri

Reply to
Cheri