My computer needs a new battery

My computer needs a new battery, because the clock wont keep the correct time and date. I was going to buy a car battery, but my grandpa gave me one of these. He said they work for everything.
http://www.electronicsinfoline.com/New/img/news/200901/8680_0.jpg
But I cant find where to put it in the computer. Can anyone help?
On 04/02/2014 04:01 PM, j snipped-for-privacy@doobie.net wrote:

As a retired battery, service engineer I find those fascinating.
Just solder two wires to the terminals in your computer and put two of those dry cells in series.
Here is my laptop and the batteries that power it:
https://scontent-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t1.0-9/1069827_774150599278978_1786645054_n.jpg
Whenever I suffer a power outage that lasts a year or two I hardly even notice.
j snipped-for-privacy@doobie.net wrote:

Today is April 2nd.
On 4/2/2014 5:01 PM, j snipped-for-privacy@doobie.net wrote:

Western Electric. We had some in our lab.

well he did say the clock on his computer won't keep the correct time and date
Art Todesco;3217943 Wrote:

--
AmyNash

seventies that was ANCIENT at the time . It had a ReDiPower generator unit replacing the battery pack - a little 4 cyl Wakeshaw gas engine running on Propane. (which went into a friend's home made ZTR lawn mower)
On 04/03/2014 10:53 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

<snip>

In the 38 years that I was in the industrial battery business I don't think I ever saw one of those generators, but I knew they existed.
However...a few years before I retired, one of my customers was trying a fuel cell instead of a battery.